• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OO Black Iridium Polarized Vs Vr28 Black Iridium Polarized

Merlin

Oakley Enthusiast
Hey guys,new member here but long time lurker. I am just getting into oakleys, and have quick question. What are your guys' thoughts on these two lens tints? I currently have a pair of fives squared with vr28 BIP, and really like the tint. I am also quite intrigued by OO BIP, how do they compare? Light transmission?

Also, does anyone know if a holbrook lens exists in OO red iridium polarized? (I'm more of a contrast lens guy)

Thanks in advance.

There was a sunglass hut exclusive Holbrook with matte black frame and OO red iridium polarized lenses, model oo9102-33.

As for OO BIP vs VR28 BIP, I never had vr28 and I can't comment on the technical differences, but I really enjoy OO BIP. Nice rose base, not too dark or too light (transmission), and can't see your eyes from the outside, unlike vr28 BIP.

The OO BIP is more of a rose tint as where the VR28 BIP is more of a bronze tint. Those are both at the top of my list of favorite lenses to look through. They both are dark enough to work on the brightest days and block the view of your eyes to others.

If I had to choose between the two, I'm partial to the rose tint of the OO BIP. Too bad it's hard to get this lens on most frames.

No kidding it's a hard lens to come by. I'd like a set for my Holbrooks, but it looks like the only way to get them, would be building another custom pair.

I have a set of OO BIPs in a matte black Holbrook Merlin, it works really well and is a nice lens.

Thanks for that comparison. I love my vr28's but after seeing that, I'd like to try the double oo's.

Nice pics.

The color of the VR28 base looks extreme, but boy is it ever wonderful. I'm not as much of a fan of the OO, warm grey, etc al.
They do look very different viewing through but both are definitely a lovely lens to wear in most light conditions. The OO is certainly more subtle but the VR28 will always be a favourite of mine. It may appear marginally darker here on the pit boss as they are AR backed but you get the idea :)

Last edited:
Back