• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OO Red Iridium Polarized Vs. OO Black Iridium Polarized

rdy dlr

Oakley Beginner
Hi senior members

can anyone shed some light to the differences on the above two lenses?
pros & cons?

Thank you very much

actually, 3rd lens to compare, vs. +Red Iridium Polarized...
the website has SKU# 43-334 ($80) and SKU# 41-910 ($90), but both say OO Red Iridium Polarized.

I'm guessing one is actually +Red Iridium Polarized and the other is OO Red Iridium Polarized. but, which is which, and what's the difference?

thank you very much

Well, let's start with Black Iridium and +Red Iridium. Both of these lenses have the same grey base, but with different iridium coatings. This means that looking through the two lenses, you will notice very few differences (i.e. different rate of transmission). The major difference between these two is aesthetics.

Now, looking at OO Black Iridium and OO Red Iridium; the major change between Black Iridium and +Red Iridium and these lenses is that the OO lenses have a rose based lens. Looking through the lens you will notice a major difference from its grey based counterpart. Also, there is a slight aesthetics change (OO Black Iridium is a bit more of a Tungsten colour than Black Iridium). Major advantages to using these lenses is that you will be able to see contours easier. This is why G30 (also a rose base) is used for golfing.

Thanks patrick...

I kinda like contrast, but I'm not too fond of VR28 iridium, it's just too rose...
any idea which SKU is +Red Iridium Polarized?
  • SKU# 43-334 ($80) or SKU# 41-910 ($90)

VR28 is a bronze based lens.

I'm not finding a product for 43-334, however 41-910 is OO Red Polar for Flak Jacket, standard cut.

FYI +Red Polar is a very hard lens to find. It comes with very few prebuilts and is rarely sold as a replacement lens. You may have to settle for OO Red if you want polar

thanks patrick... I guess 43-334 is the +Red Polar then.
btw, how about Jade Iridium? what is its lens base?

Thanks again

43-334 would be for a different frame. First you need to figure out what frame you need the lens for, then look at what options they have

Jade is a grey base as well

I'm looking for the flak jacket asian fit.
the polished black 30 years come with jade iridium. strange thing, description says XLJ, but picture is standard lens cut SKU #26-265J... actually, kinda debating with polished fog that comes with +Red (non-polarized) SKU# 26-263J.

then I want 1 pair of polar lens...

All performance frames (with the exception of M frames) will come with the asian fit nose piece

Also that is XLJ pictured in 26-265

Latest Posts

Back