• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OO Red Iridium Polarized Vs. OO Black Iridium Polarized

I was looking at oakley USA... so there seem to be some differences or mistakes on the usa site...
you can find 43-334 lens there too...

thanks patrick

Last edited:
btw, another thing to clarify.

SKU #07-012, is it just lens cleaner without hydrophobic solutions?
only #07-313 is the hydrophobic solutions?

Thanks

Both oo red polar and oo black polar have the same G40 base tint. The difference is the iridium coating, which, aside from aesthetics, has the practical difference of oo red polar being 18% light transmission while oo black polar has 10% light transmission.

The difference between the modern oo line and the other lenses mentioned on this thread (+red, BI, Jade) is as Patrick said; those others have neutral base tints.

Last edited:
btw, another thing to clarify.

SKU #07-012, is it just lens cleaner without hydrophobic solutions?
only #07-313 is the hydrophobic solutions?

Thanks

Correct, 012 is just a lens cleaner.

313 is the hydrophobic solution which they claim also cleans.

I would recommend both, because you'll need to clean your lenses more often than you'll need to reapply the hydrophobic solution.

For some reason they only list the 313 on the Oakley website right now.

hmm... i'm just wondering, what's special about 012 lens cleaner?
I'm getting the 313 hydrophobic alright. but is the 012 worth it?

hmm... i'm just wondering, what's special about 012 lens cleaner?
I'm getting the 313 hydrophobic alright. but is the 012 worth it?

It's just a cleaner but specially formulated for Oaks, compared to other cleaners. And you get free refills at any Oak store/vault. Assuming they still honor that agreement; I haven't tried recently. But they've never offered free refills on the hydrophobic, AFAIK...

Like I said earlier, the need for the cleaner comes up more often than the need to refresh the hydrophobic coating and the cleaner's easier to use; if you use the hydro every time they need cleaning you're just increasing your labor and cost...

Back