• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OO +Red Iridium Polarized vs. VR28 Black Iridium Polarized

Jay-Da

I should Work at Oakley
PA
Looking to get new lenses for my Flak Jackets and I've narrowed it down to OO +Red Iridium Polarized or VR28 Black Iridium Polarized. Looking to use them as my everyday lens. I know the VR28 would be a little darker but the look of the +Red is very appealing.

Can anyone offer any insight?

Thanks!

I have both, but prefer the VR28BiP for it's contrast ability.
The +Red is kind of "blah" from the inside by comparison, but makes up for it with "bling" on the outside.

My favorite lens to look through is the VR28 Black Iridium Polarized. I tried the 00 + Red, but I didn't like that my eyes were clearly visible to other people.

I also feel like the VR28 is more versatile.

YMMV.

VR28 Blue Iridium is a good cross between the two. They look good from the outside, and they're nice to look through too. I know you can get them on the Fast Jacket, but I don't believe they were ever made for the Flak.

I have both, as much as I love oo Red, I find they aren't dark enough for bright sunny days. For over cast days, they are money!

I would say vr 28 bip for everyday wear. But hey, they're flak jackets, just get both and switch out as needed. If u only get one, then vr 28.

Back