• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Open Sesame? Or Closed Sesame?

psychephylax

Oakley Expert
Smithtown, NY
So I was at my local O-store and they had a sealed, unmolested Ice Polarized Juliet. I bought it primarily as an investment (Yeah, R1 prices in 10 years hopefully)....

So...Is the set worth more sealed from the factory as it's shipped or do you as a collector/buyer want to see what's inside and make sure it's flawless?

Just throwing it out there

As a wearer I would want to know they are in good shape before purchase.On the other hand a shelf whore may just prefer it unopened.

i have couple of sealed pair, but couldnt resist the tempation to open it! to check if there is any flaws

You have to check to make sure first off that the actual correct pair is inside the box and matches the label. I cannot stress enough that there are mistakes that do happen when items get put into their boxes and the wrong pair could be inside that box. Imagine your surprise when you open that box and you think there is an ice polarized and out pops a ruby or fire? I'm just saying because I've actually seen it happen to 2 boxes out of about 30 in one instance.
Then you need to make sure that the pair is perfect also since it is BNIB.

Your O Store should not have just sold you that pair without verifying that the correct pair was inside and that it was perfect.

OH.....here is one other thing.

Someone we know purchased a few items the other day. One of the boxes was empty. If not for the store opening each box to verify the correct pair and condition he could have went home with an empty box. Now imagine going back to the store after you have already left and saying the box was empty?

After reading OakleyFrank... I'd suggest you go back to the store BEFORE you open it up and let them witness you inspecting them. I haven't opened a new pair in 13 years so I can't remember if there is a sticker sealing the box that you have to tear or not...

OH.....here is one other thing.

Someone we know purchased a few items the other day. One of the boxes was empty. If not for the store opening each box to verify the correct pair and condition he could have went home with an empty box. Now imagine going back to the store after you have already left and saying the box was empty?

I think Frank is referring to me, LOL! Frank is right, I ordered 4 pairs of oaks and good thing that the manager and I open each one of them and with our surprise, one box is empty. There is nothing wrong if you check them out, it is better safe than never.

I think Frank is referring to me, LOL! Frank is right, I ordered 4 pairs of oaks and good thing that the manager and I open each one of them and with our surprise, one box is empty. There is nothing wrong if you check them out, it is better safe than never.

Store staff might nicked it! Lol

Back