• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Opening the R1 tomb... Creeeeaaaaak!

DylFin

Oakley Expert
Locked away, never to see the sun, waiting patiently in their Oakley box - until now... My old R1s in all their glory, they're aliveeeeee!
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I'm thinking I might put these on the exchange section soon. The label on the box, which included the Romeo image and serial number is torn off - if only I knew the value of matching serials and boxes then!!!

Just curious, where did you have them hidden, and how did you stumble across them? Cool to find something you had stashed away and forgot about.

Just curious, where did you have them hidden, and how did you stumble across them? Cool to find something you had stashed away and forgot about.
To be honest I had 3 pairs, sold 1 mint pair of titanium/gold to Dantes, then another pair of X Metal/black iridium on eBay. I then sort of remembered I had these at the very back of a drawer along with some other goodies!
I had quite a few on display and put the other's away and never really thought about them much, as they weren't my daily wearers! :beach:
I'm not saying I'd forgot about them, more I never really thought about them until now as they're my final pair - that's why I'm not sure whether I want to let these go!

To be honest I had 3 pairs, sold 1 mint pair of titanium/gold to Dantes, then another pair of X Metal/black iridium on eBay. I then sort of remembered I had these at the very back of a drawer along with some other goodies!
I had quite a few on display and put the other's away and never really thought about them much, as they weren't my daily wearers! :beach:
I'm not saying I'd forgot about them, more I never really thought about them until now as they're my final pair - that's why I'm not sure whether I want to let these go!

That's a tough one. It's gonna all come down to whether you feel like you will regret selling them. Do they have sentimental value to you? Sounds like not, considering you had them stashed away.

Are you in need of the funds? If not, and if I were in your shoes, I wouldn't sell. That's just my opinion though. It's really hard for me to move a piece, even when I need the funds.

You won't have a problem finding a buyer, if priced right, and you decide to sell. Whatever decision you make, good luck.

Latest Posts

Back