• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

- Opinion On These Ruby Lenses ...

They look good.....not the usual FRUBY....did you get them?
I really like the color. Not a bad price either.

Yes, I am the one who bought them.

I have been reading a bunch about the "F-RUBY's" that have been in recent circulation, & have been carefully searching, with the aid of some photos I found here of what folks considered real good / fantastic Ruby's, & here I thought that for the price, & the actual tint / hue, this might be the best combo I would find, ... or at least for a looong time, & without paying through the nose, or having a custom cut performed for me, ... which, right now, would have taken me waaay out of my budget I have had set aside just for this Item.

I know it is absolutely too late, but I could, of course, sell them if I did not like them, but to get a couple of you folks to give a small seal of approval feels good.

:cool-33:

Well you bought from a good guy that knows his stuff.
They're still gonna have some fire around the edges (visible in pics) because they are XS's and later releases are gonna have that, where the first gen Juliets, first and second gen Pennies and Ruby Mars won't.
At that price you still should be OK because it is a color that is in a standard colorway and there will always be a demand for them as replacements for original colorways if nothing else- especially since you can't buy them from Oakley.

Those did look like a great example of "real" ruby. And the seller sells a lot of Oakley stuff and has good feedback.

My caution about that listing was how he didn't rate the condition, instead said to "look for yourself in the pics and ask questions", and the fact that he didn't post pics of / say they came with OEM packaging. But they looked legit.

Here's hoping it's all good... :drinks:

Well you bought from a good guy that knows his stuff.
They're still gonna have some fire around the edges (visible in pics) because they are XS's and later releases are gonna have that, where the first gen Juliets, first and second gen Pennies and Ruby Mars won't.
At that price you still should be OK because it is a color that is in a standard colorway and there will always be a demand for them as replacements for original colorways if nothing else- especially since you can't buy them from Oakley.
Those did look like a great example of "real" ruby. And the seller sells a lot of Oakley stuff and has good feedback.

My caution about that listing was how he didn't rate the condition, instead said to "look for yourself in the pics and ask questions", and the fact that he didn't post pics of / say they came with OEM packaging. But they looked legit.

Here's hoping it's all good... :drinks:

Although I did not confer with anyone before snatching them up, between as much of the due diligence I could have done on here, the feedback I am getting from you folks, & the private discussion I am having with the guy who *Custom* finished my XS's, who said he knows the Seller, I am getting very good vibes about these.

As a side note, less than a month ago O was selling Ruby's on the .com, along with Fire's, & a few others. I grabbed an Ice because I was afraid after all the Ruby / Fire talk, etc., & said I would wait & see what came up on the private market, per se. I think I might have found me a diamond in the rough, & if I did not snag them, I am confident they would have by someone else real soon.

X-Squared_CHROME_polished_oo6011-06_-0001_zpsa44d3a29.jpg

Hmmm, ... I am just picturing them with those Ruby's ... (I still have to photograph them with the Ice ...)

Latest Posts

Back