1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Glocker71

Glocker71 Oakley Beginner

Only combo I can find that's similar is the Ferrari on carbon Tincan. How do you guys think Ruby will look on satin black wiretap or tincan/foil carbon in satin black? They are prescription, so any colorway is available (almost). Thoughts or opinions would be welcomed. Ruby and jade are really the only tints I don't have that I like so far.

I get free prescription sunglasses every two years so I don't want to blow it on something that may look out of place.

Tempted to just do the prescription ferrari carbon blades, but the fragility problems and a little less formal look are holding me up with them... have enough sport frames already.

Last edited: 6/21/15
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Sounddragon

Sounddragon Oakley Beginner

Hehe, I'm doing it the other way around; I need regular prescription glasses, so I buy a pair of Tinfoils, and let the optician take out the lenses and replace them for the (clear) prescription lenses.

3. Lexkempo

Lexkempo Frog Fanatic

I'd go with the Ferrari/Ruby carbon frame as RX frames if they were available

4. discodave

discodave Go Navy!

Here's a Ruby-ish lens I had in my Wiretaps.

Opinion - Ruby on Tincan/foil or wiretap - imageuploadedbytapatalk1404581321-920937-jpg.92685.jpg

5. Glocker71

Glocker71 Oakley Beginner

Thanks for the responses. That pic helps a bit. Love the look of the wiretaps I have already. Little concerned about the spring hinge though... had some bad luck in the past, but so far my wiretaps have held up pretty well.

Thanks for the pic... beats trying to photoshop it. Im assuming that's a non oakley lense? Ruby should be a bit more red on that type of curved lense I would imagine.

6. Kuztomized

Kuztomized Oakley Collector

Oakley's ruby lenses are known to have a wide variation. The early lenses tended to be almost all red, but lately you will see some referred to as "fruby" which is a Ruby lens, but the color looks a like mostly fire with a hint of ruby. Anyway, discodave can confirm, but I believe the lenses in his pic are Fuse brand. He did call them "ruby-ish". I actually bought them off him, and sold them since.

7. Dieseltech

Dieseltech Oakley Expert Premium Member

Love the Wiretaps. Just got a pair.

8. discodave

discodave Go Navy!

Yep! The lenses in that pic were Fuse lenses. I had some cut by a local place here in the dc area as well for my wiretaps but they just didn't fit the bill. Gotta go with a big company who does it as their primary function. Preferably OAKLEY of course.