• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Opinions On Lens Tint

CarGuy

Finally got rid of the default title...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
I came across a set of Penny lenses and am not sure what they really are. I have a pretty good idea but wanted to ask of the community what your thoughts are.
I set one of the lenses on a shelf (ignore the other chattels if you can) with a Mars Ruby and a Penny Ruby. Those lenses appear to have a fairly uniform hue - purple with some red - and the other is just so much more purple than other two.
What is this?

Last edited by a moderator:
They were presented to the seller originally as "OEM"- but calling a lens "OEM" also is used to construe chopped lenses as originals.

My only thought would be positive red ,but they dont seem to show the colour transition from blue to red/purple,they dont look like Oakley ruby of any gen to me though.

I would be inclined towards non-Oakley

Thanks. So what generation Ruby then?

They look like early ruby to me. I've seen this hue many times in decent lighting with my 2 Juliets.

null_zpsd05234f3.jpg
null_zps7e868b2b.jpg

I love that color on those frames.those are exactly what ive been searching for.....any chance of selling them?

Back