• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Opinions: Tungsten Iridium Polarized Vs OO Black Iridium Polarized

VR28 BIP is one of my absolute favorite lenses. The 00 BIP looks nice to look through, but it isn't VR28 BIP. Titanium Ird is a brown based contrast lens and they were ok, but I didn't like the strong Brown reflection from the front, what others see when they look at me. Never liked 00 Red Ird. Only had Tungsten Iridium once, and it didn't do much for me. Chrome is another Brown based tint. No matter what I think, you're the one that has to wear them, so go with what you prefer :)

You might want to consider Titanium IP instead of tungsten. I find TitaniumIP is more usable in different conditions and feels a bit less gold when looking thru it.
I also agree with rustpot, but do appreciate rose base lens. OObip is very usable in many conditions (but i do like rose base lenses). VR28BIP and VR28 gives incredible contrast and is one of my favorites.

I would also add that normal vr28 is very underated especially given the high light transfer .. i find it gives better clarity and softness than darker lenses such as blue iridium.

Does anyone know where I can get a pair of OO Black Iridium replacement lenses for the modern Wiretap? Oakley discontinued this frame so fast that replacements seem to be very hard to get.

Does anyone know where I can get a pair of OO Black Iridium replacement lenses for the modern Wiretap? Oakley discontinued this frame so fast that replacements seem to be very hard to get.

To my knowledge oakley never did sell replacement lenses for the new wiretap. I ended up buying a second pair then selling the frame only and keeping the lenses. Occasionally you may find lenses for sale when someone removes them to install prescription lenses.

To my knowledge oakley never did sell replacement lenses for the new wiretap. I ended up buying a second pair then selling the frame only and keeping the lenses. Occasionally you may find lenses for sale when someone removes them to install prescription lenses.

You can get them at Fuselenses. Not Oakley but an option. They are great quality and they have a lot of color options also. Just make sure you search for "Wiretap (New)" on their site.

Latest Posts

Back