1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Mikkelf

Mikkelf Oakley Beginner

Hi guys,

I am talking to a guy in a danish forum for mountainbiking and he is trying to figure out if he bought fake Jawbones.

Could you take a look at this thread on the danish forum and give me your opinion (just look at the pictures - don't worry about the danish text).

DMK - Dansk Mountainbike Klub - mtb.dk - SOLGT Oakley Jawbone Custom med 4 sæt glas SOLGT - mtb.dk

Please take into consideration that the glasses delivered with his glasses should be

- Yellow vented
    - Black Iridium
    - VR28 Black Iridium Polarized (does they exist?)
    - Fire vented

I have never seen a VR28 Black Iridium Polarized in real life so I don't know if the color on them is right or wrong.
    Furthermore the bag is not right and there is a polishing cloth which can not be legit. Box seems strange as well.

He is having trouble mounting a pair of Jaws that I traded with him (nosepiece will not click on).

Any inputs appreciated.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Coolluke

Coolluke Oakley Beginner

My first thought is they are fake

3. Johnny Hundreds

Johnny Hundreds Banned

i'm not a jawbone expert...but there could be a fitting issue on the jaw because if one of the pairs is asian fit and the other is not?
    does it have any sku's on the frame?

4. Menendez1293

Menendez1293 Oakley Enthusiast

They look a little iffy but the case doesnt look right. My jawbone case is not Cut off on the whole back just where the arms go.

5. DPN

DPN Oakley Beginner

I can't speak to the authenticity.....but that is one hot avatar he has.

6. Mikkelf

Mikkelf Oakley Beginner

I agree on the hardcase. It looks very wrong. Holes for the extra lenses are placed different than on my Jawbonecases.

7. tavers

tavers Oakley Expert

I think they're fake. The +Red polarized and the oakley are probably authentic. The replica cloth with typical foakley styling is one reason I think it's fake as well as the other lenses.

8. Mikkelf

Mikkelf Oakley Beginner

I think you are right. Only - the seller states that it is not +Red but VR28 Black Iridium Pol which is odd as the lens looks like +Red.

9. Razerwire

Razerwire And then there was X...

Something about the top ridge of the frame on the first pic seems to scream "fake" for me. There's a seam or something running along the top of it that seems off.

10. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

VR28 Black Iridium Polarized
    Oakley cleaning cloth (not bag). Both geuine.

I won't weigh in to those Jawbones being real or not, I couldn't tell from those pics with what I know.

Opinions Wanted: Fake Or Not? - 2011-11-04165431.jpg