• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Opinions Wanted On Next Purchase

Uluahunter

I should Work at Oakley
Hawaii
Alright gang, I was going to poll this topic but decided to just fish for opinions instead. I was window shopping at my local O store today and came across some items that are on my wishlist...

- Transformers 3-D Gascan
- Tin Tin 3-D Gascan
- Ducati X-Metal XS
- 24K Juliet and XS
- Pit Boss

Out of the above mentioned, which do you guys think will hold the most value and possibly increase in value as time goes on? I'm thinking the obvious answer will probably be the 24K Juliet and XS, but those frames are slightly out of my budget at the moment. I really like the Transformers Gascan, but I can't wear the Gascan's because they don't fit me right (but obviously I'm thinking of maintaining value, so I probably won't be wearing them). Then I thought, maybe the Ducati XS, but the XS hasn't matured like the Juliets have, so it'll probably take some time for it to gain value (and I'd really be tempted to wear those, lol). Then maybe the Pit Boss, just because it's the first frame in the Elite line and will probably hold its value just for that fact, aside from the technology put into it also of course. And the Tin Tin's, well that was just on my wishlist, lol.

Okay, let er rip guys! I want to hear your opinions! I know that this is more subjective than anything, because everyone has different thoughts on value and worth, but it may help persuade my next purchase, LOL. I'm also curious if there's anything else you guys want to add to the list...within affordable reason, hehehe.

Yeah, I'm starting to think the same thing. Juliets have a proven track record and are a safe bet. I like both the Tin Tin and Transformers equally, its just the Gascan that I don't like :sad:. Thanks for the feedback and welcome to the boards Carlito!

@ bigdog - That's a good point also, I almost forgot about that! Damn, I better start selling off some of my frames to raise funds, LOL.

You know me, I will say go X Metals but I have a question for you. Why not pick the Ducati XS off of ebay for under $250? Personally, I still have not paid retail for any of my metals since I always buy them at a fraction of the price on ebay. I think ebay would be your best bet for the Ducati XS.

I can't decide for you i like all of those! lol. Well I personally like the TF3 Gascan but i don't see it going up in value..the Tintin you might be able to make a couple bucks off it in the future but the 24K Juliets are where its at!! Since they are cutting the x metals i think they are going to be the best ones to have..more so the juliet, even though i prefer the XS. Ducati XS is on my list as well haha. Pit Boss is just too crazy for me to think about :tongue:

Back