• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Optics Planet-Oakley Discontinues MadMan and It Is Unavailable.

raiders-indy-belloq-2.jpg

$200 from a Sunglass Hut in the mall, but bury them in the sand for a thousand years, they become priceless.

Funnyy why dont i see the carbon ruby model anymore~?
im still waiting for the ruby one to come down in price, then ill grab one; for selfie purposes not for daily wear though HAH~!
Anyone on a lookout for that too?

Not the Carbon/Ruby, but there are a ton of Plasma/Fire on the market, at a low of $169. I'm looking for a $139 number on that one, and I'm afraid I'm waiting on a number that isn't coming. I made that mistake with Mars Crater and never bought them at $189. Now I'm looking at one with prescription lenses in it for $429.
I can't see Madman ever seeing $400 again, but I thought Mars was a Dead Horse back then too. It's like gold. I didn't wait there. I pulled the trigger and it worked out great. I guess the moral of the story is, either You want something or You don't. If Your gut tells You to buy something, just buy it and don't look back. No one can tell the future when it comes to pcommodities or Oakleys. If You like 'em, buy 'em.

Last edited:
Funny thing is that I've been to local vault few days ago to try the madmans on. Yes I do like them and want to have them either you like it or not. But back to topic, we tend to have overpriced items here in Poland for some reason. The ruby madmans I was trying on were priced at 455$!!! Firstly it's 55$ above the original price (mysterious overprice mentioned above) and secondly you can spend few minutes googling and find it half priced everywhere. I wonder how is it possible that this vault still lives.

Back