• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Optics Planet-Oakley Discontinues MadMan and It Is Unavailable.

Here in Toronto the Oakley Store doesn't even carry the Madman anymore and the Vaults have their prices all over the place; Madman BIP is $249 CAD, Prizm is $299 CAD and Ruby/Fire is $355 CAD.

Glad I got my Madman Prizm for $90 bucks at a local sports wear clearance outlet. I see the original MSRP sticker was like $500 CAD. Ouch!

Google up pictures of Colin Baden and you would see that the Badman style frame is what he usually wears. The Madman scientist look is more of Jim Jannard.

I wonder why they pulled the Madman style first, cuz JJ bad mouthed Lux on FB recently?

Last edited:
image.jpeg
There can only be one "Badman" in my book...

I don't k ow why no one likes the bad man... They are lightweight fight tightly enough for excersise and they have a great lense selection.
Not all dislike badman. Some who likes them is not very expressive, or does not care to elaborate why, compared to those who hates them. I believe some who expressed dislike to badman still manage to own one, that is kinda funny way sometimes how much it was disliked.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk

I'm gonna go and say I like them, but they are definitely not X Metals, if they would've just advertise them as a new crazy design (like the plate) then I guess lots of people would not hate them as much. Yes they are ridiculous, but they are cool in their way just like OTT.
Btw I like them, although I hate the plastic parts

I'm gonna go and say I like them, but they are definitely not X Metals, if they would've just advertise them as a new crazy design (like the plate) then I guess lots of people would not hate them as much. Yes they are ridiculous, but they are cool in their way just like OTT.
Btw I like them, although I hate the plastic parts
Anything labeled as X-Metal will definitely get some harsh words and treatment. It is a tough name to live by in the sunglasses world, and badman not being made of tough titanium will have to take that beating most. Madman draw some flak away with its mad scientist design, but badman inclination to a more mainstream design will help it dodging criticism.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk

Back