• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OpticsPlanetcom-Oakley MADMAN Discontinued by Manufacturer

Wally Taylor

I should Work at Oakley
Erie
Is this old news, because I've never heard anyone say that Oakley quit making and Shipping MadMan. Optics Planet states that Oakley has discontinued MadMan and they are no longer available. Anyone?

In March I walked into a vault and bought two si gascans. It was buy one get one half off so I looked at the madman and badman. I got the madman plasma Fire and the badman carbon ruby. I walked out paying 375.00 plus tax for all 4 pairs.... That was a good deal.

Two Observations:
  1. Optics Planet barely does optics well
  2. You're getting your Oakley news from Optics Planet, who like to keep products on their website for DECADES after they've been canceled so that internet searches bring you there
  3. (bonus!) I retract #1, they don't even do optics well
Cheaper Than Dirt is pure garbage (and you should never shop there, seriously, don't EVER shop there), but OP isn't too far behind.

In March I walked into a vault and bought two si gascans. It was buy one get one half off so I looked at the madman and badman. I got the madman plasma Fire and the badman carbon ruby. I walked out paying 375.00 plus tax for all 4 pairs.... That was a good deal.

Volcan, I know You had the other nice polished pair too. Have You had hinge problems with any of them? Someone said that there have been two or three revisions to the hinges since the beginning. I just wondered if they have been able to toughen them up at all.

Yup. First two badman I had the left hinge broke on. Seems revised hinges are better.

Somthey did improve them. Now I just have to wonder. would I get the old hinges, or the NEW hinges? Hmmm.

Last edited:
Two Observations:
  1. Optics Planet barely does optics well
  2. You're getting your Oakley news from Optics Planet, who like to keep products on their website for DECADES after they've been canceled so that internet searches bring you there
  3. (bonus!) I retract #1, they don't even do optics well
Cheaper Than Dirt is pure garbage (and you should never shop there, seriously, don't EVER shop there), but OP isn't too far behind.
:whistle::crazypilot:

DECADES BAD

Back