• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Options for replacement lenses Juliet's

OakleyCan

Oakley Expert
Canada
My Juliet's need new lenses. They came with Ice Iridium Polarized, and I think I want to retain the Original setup. Problem being is that the polarized versions are hard to find.

Options on Ebay seem limted to no box or documentation for the price I would expect it to be new in box.

Do I go for Ice non-polarized? ( Half price, and can assure they are genuine) or Continue hunting on ebay, or does someone have another reliable source?

Thanks everyone, loving the forum thus far.

IMO.....It truly depends on your future plans for them. Are you going to wear them? If so, do you need polarized lenses, or can you go with non-polarized. If you plan on putting them into a display and want to retain the OEM collectibility of them then search for polarized and be prepared to pay at least $125 and up for the lenses, and maybe a frame too if someone won't split them up. I say just buy the ice lenses. If you plan on wearing them, the price you pay for polarized wont be worth the effort especially when you get that first scratch, nick, etc while you wear them. I don't care how well you take care of them, how you store them when you take them out, or how careful you are with them. Unless they are sitting in a display untouched by people, you take a chance spending that $$$....Personally I don't like my polarized lenses. I wear non polarized much more......

Well.....yes and no to the nicks and scratches. I have over 2 dozen Oakleys, i wear all of them and some ive owned for over 10 years....bot one single blemish on any lenses. The trick? Not on your face? In the case...and not JUST in the case...in the micro bag anf in the case. And never clean the lenses unless you are using water. Only the vintage microbags were quality enough to do that safely. The new ones are crap. If you were looking to retain collectibilty hiwever i would agree in just getting non polarized lenses

Really you prefer cleaning with water than the Oakley fluid? Water with a micro fiber?

For the time being ice non polarized are readily available for msrp.
Only place I found was eBay for polarized and they have no box or papers.

Sorry....i dont buy into the Oakley spray bs. So....all of a sudden this spray pops up and its better than whatwver people have been doing before? Rigbt. Ive been cleaning my oakleys the same way for a decade and my collection is pristine....COLD water, rinse entire pair of glasses, soft saop rubbed into micro fiber bag, clean lenses first, then frame, blow wated from crevices etc, HOLD dry with good mocrofiber cloth...do not rub, polishe and rub dry with dry and clean micro bag. And cleaning micro bags? Cold water and soft soap, rinse, air dry

Latest Posts

Back