• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For Sale Or Trade - Custom 24k Plated Mars Crater

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

Good afternoon fellow O lovers,

I have decided to let a few pieces of the collection go as they are just collecting dust. This piece was the hardest decision as I was super excited when I first got this in, but unfortunately, like the other frames I am moving I just can't pull this bad boy off (and I wear everything I own soo....). This is a custom 24k Plated Mars Crater from the legendary collection of Master QTrain. The frame finish itself is nearly perfect (an exceptional plating job IMO) however rubber was never installed inside the nosebridge so the frame is more or less unwearable at the moment (nothing the great and mighty X-man can't fix!). My understanding is that this was originally purchased at the RED day event. All other rubber parts are included, and custom c-clips made my the Q-man are also included (as pictured). The lenses are a custom cut ruby, by once again, you guessed it, QTrain (non-oem lenses)! Lenses appear mint condition. Really, this is a spectacular piece to display, and even wear for those who have the stones and the right facial contours!

So lets get down to the good stuff, the pictures and price! I traded for this piece originally, but the valuation was around $600, so that's the ballpark that I would be looking for in trades or cash offers. Price would include shipping conus. Payment will be made using paypal f&f or add 4% to the price. All cash/trade offers will be considered. Preferable trades include: x metals (particularly xx's, R1's, or juliets), unknowns, 2nd gen minutes or 1st gen fives (my new attempted venture into classic O that will hopefully turn out better than the scar venture), and frogs. To the pics!

IMG_5920.JPG
IMG_5916.JPG
IMG_5917.JPG
IMG_5919.JPG
IMG_5918.JPG

I also have a post in the sunglasses exchange section for 2x scars and a mag 4, check them out. Pm me your offers and any questions/concerns you may have, and thank you for looking!

Some people reacted to this post.
How much are you asking?

Somewhere in the ballpark of what it was valued at (stated as $600 in the original post). Thanks!

how come its "unwearable" bro? do you mean that there's no flex in the nosebridge because there are no rubbers?

Wow!

Username Hidden said:
Somewhere in the ballpark of what it was valued at (stated as $600 in the original post). Thanks!

Sorry,didnt see that bit for some reason.

Username Hidden said:
how come its "unwearable" bro? do you mean that there's no flex in the nosebridge because there are no rubbers?

Correct, to stiff to even put on unless you have a tiny head like me. And even still it almost crushed my noggin.

Username Hidden said:
Sorry,didnt see that bit for some reason.

No worries. Just a ballpark number as per forum rules, because it's more or less a one of a kind I'm not too sure on price. That price is the valuation Qtrain put on it and I trust his judgement on all mars related issues. Feel free to send reasonable offers.

Strange ,if there is no rubber in the flex coupler ,they would be loose and sloppy ,certainly not tight.If you cant wear them because they are rigid ,its not because there is no rubber in there , something else is amiss I think.What size are the T shox?

Username Hidden said:
Strange ,if there is no rubber in the flex coupler ,they would be loose and sloppy ,certainly not tight.If you cant wear them because they are rigid ,its not because there is no rubber in there , something else is amiss I think.What size are the T shox?

That's what I was thinking - perhaps the gold plating filled the gap/play?