• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ordering From Linegear To Singapore

I'm no experts here for the X-Metal range ,here in OF we are community who's had same interest for Oakley and many members here can help each other.
You guys are so lucky. I have not even found a fellow forum member in Portland yet.

There were some reviews on the clear stands when they first came out. Some cool things are that you can add / remove tiers as you like (while the older black ones are fixed one, two, or three tier) and that you can swivel each tier to position your Oaks in different directions on the same stand.

The big criticism, though, was that there's some stops to keep them in place which come in contact with the inside of the lenses, potentially leaving a mark with repeated use. It was unknown if it happens with all frames or just some. I see you mentioned not to "put lenses so close to the end" - were you running into the same thing? That design flaw concerned me; maybe someone could fab some rubber or silicone bumpers...

Another idea thrown out regarding the new clear stands is to custom refinish some. That would be cool...

There were some reviews on the clear stands when they first came out. Some cool things are that you can add / remove tiers as you like (while the older black ones are fixed one, two, or three tier) and that you can swivel each tier to position your Oaks in different directions on the same stand.

The big criticism, though, was that there's some stops to keep them in place which come in contact with the inside of the lenses, potentially leaving a mark with repeated use. It was unknown if it happens with all frames or just some. I see you mentioned not to "put lenses so close to the end" - were you running into the same thing? That design flaw concerned me; maybe someone could fab some rubber or silicone bumpers...

Another idea thrown out regarding the new clear stands is to custom refinish some. That would be cool...
I gave my warning because I read a post you wrote about those stands. I've had no problems with it at all so I thought I've been the lucky one so far but then again I havent checked my lens yet.