• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ordering Replacement Lenses... Did I Choose Well?

spotdog14

Oakley Beginner
Haslett, MI
I currently have a pair of Half-X with the Ice Iridium Polarized lenses (plasma frame). I also have a pair of prescription X Squared's that have Fire Iridium lenses (polished frame).

I am considering getting the following lenses:

HALF X Replacement Lenses - Gold Iridium (16-881)
HALF X Replacement Lenses - Emerald Iridium (16-885)
X SQUARED Replacement Lenses - VR28 Black Iridium Polarized (16-973)
X SQUARED Replacement Lenses - Fire Iridium (16-968)

The reason I am getting the Fire Iridium for the X Squared is I figure in the future my prescription is going to chance and I really like the lens.

Any thoughts or comments are welcome, thanks!

Depending on how much your Rx changes by, the chances are you will still see better through your prescription Fire Iridium lens than Plano Fire Iridium. VR28 BI is my favourite lens to see out of, very versatile can wear it no matter what the weather.

Alright on your recommendations I purchased for my Half X

Dark Bronze Polarized
VR28 Black Iridium

I'm looking forward to getting them and trying them out. Swapping the lenses in the Half X's is super easy, a lot more so than I would have thought.

With the Half X you don't have to, just pull on the outside (hing side) of the lens and it should pop free.

After using the VR28 for the weekend I can say that I love them! I went for a run with them on Friday in medium light and they were great, had an overcast weekend and the lenses performed awesome. I'm glad I got them, I get the Dark Bronze today and will give them a test drive.

With the Half X you don't have to, just pull on the outside (hing side) of the lens and it should pop free.
doubtful thats its the right way to do it... i know thats how it goes on the half jacket but thats an omatter frame that flexes. if you use that method on the Half X you will end up chewing off the securing tabs on your lenses.

second opinion anyone?

I have heard the same thing but doesnt make sense to me either. Just send em to me and I'll take them off your hands and you wont have to worry about it :D