• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Original Crosshair Questions - lens types - pic attached???

Oakster

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Canada
I know this was discussed a couple years back on here, but I was unable to find the thread.

For the original Crosshairs, there were 2 versions within the version as they made changes to the lenses inline without changing the names or style numbers. Basically one version had a tapered lens and the other is almost an "L". I think the tapered was first and then they did the "L" after due to having issues with lenses popping out.

Does anyone know if both lenses will fit any original Crosshairs or if they actually changed the frames as well?

Thanks!!

E971B6D1-6576-4AAC-BC03-EB1CCDA87ACF_zpscqzbunsq.jpg

@JPL

Hello I've just had that issue I have a Crosshair frame gen 1 I bought in 2007/2008 the lenses on these frames are tapered, I bought fire & ruby lenses to put in them but they don't fit my frame these lenses have the L edge & are slightly bigger so does this mean these lenses are for the new version of the Crosshair? David

I believe Oakley released two versions of the Crosshair first gen the tapered first & then the L version, on my crosshair the L doesn't fit.

Well I couldn't get them to fit when I laid the L & the tapered lenses over each other the L was slightly bigger.

I bought my Crosshair between 2006-2008 & have crosshair text on one arm & frame number on the other 05-814 & have the tapered lenses. I have read & seen that there are crosshair gen 1 only with the Crosshair text & no frame number does this mean these are the L version lenses?

IMAG1844.jpg

hmm. i cant remember what the specifics were with the frame markings and the lens, but yes there was 2 generations of Crosshair 1.

I have modified L-edged lenses to fit the older bevel-edge frames, its tricky to make work and very easy to make a mistake as the fit is much more precise than say, the original Xmetals.

Latest Posts

Back