• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Original Oakley Half Wire

KG22

Oakley Beginner
Well my trusty pair of fire iridium Oakley half wire is starting to show its age...I've never seen replacement lenses around for them, so I was wondering if there are any pairs of oakleys that use the same lens? Could I even get the lenses out? Or should I start saving my change for a new pair? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well my trusty pair of fire iridium half wire is starting to show its age...I've never seen replacement lenses around for them, so I was wondering if there are any pairs of oakleys that use the same lens? Could I even get the lenses out? Or should I start saving my change for a new pair? Thanks in advance!

I have a pair but the lenses had stress cracks on them. I tried taking them out and they broke. I didn't know how to do the removal so I messed them up. Not sure if you have to follow the instructions like the Flak Jackets technique. If you can remove them, there are people on the board who can cut new lenses. If you can make a template I could use them as mine is currently useless without lenses.

I can cut em, but have never removed a lens
from a half wire frame. Can't be too difficult to do, but ya never know.

MaukaRunner- Every Half Wire I came across used has those stress fractures. I searched about the flak jackets, and it looks pretty close. I may have to try this...

Dr. Chop- Hmm...I wear them enough, it would be worth it...once I get some extra money...

beaver962000- Sending a message your way!

MaukaRunner- Every Half Wire I came across used has those stress fractures. I searched about the flak jackets, and it looks pretty close. I may have to try this...

The hard part of removing the lenses is the frame doesn't flex like the plastic Flaks do. Just be careful. Oh and if you are wondering if Flak Jacket lenses fit, they don't. The lenses are a little bit wider. The top curve looks almost exact and the lens curvature looks pretty good too. They might be a good base for Dr Chop to cut. You could also try the new Half Jacket 2.0 lenses since there are more color choices and they fit the Flak frame so they should also fit.

Hey if you are still interested in bare frame after you buy Beaver's one, I have mine too. I have no use for them and I'll sell them cheap. It's the original Half Wire with the black nose piece. All the rubber stuff is shot but I still got the earpieces but I tossed the nose pieces. Spring hinges are good. Finish is good except some paint is wearing off right in front of where the nose pieces end towards the front of the frame. Let me know and I can send you some pics.

Edit: I found the nose pieces!

ahhhh...of course when I don't have any money all this good stuff pops up. anyone need a photographer lol?

Back