1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Malv1

Malv1 Oakley Collector

Hey guys, I just received my initial run pair of X-metal/ruby Juliet's with serial X016690. The lenses aren't as nice as I was lead to believe so I was wondering if the original deep ruby lenses are still available? I know a lot of the current ruby lenses are more fire than ruby.

And here are the pics... I feel after getting them that I got a little over zealous and paid too much but I am ok with it. I will make it up with the sale/trade of scores that I have paid too little for :cool:

Original X-metal Ruby Juliet - DSCF1438.jpg

Original X-metal Ruby Juliet - DSCF1431.jpg

Original X-metal Ruby Juliet - DSCF1435.jpg

Original X-metal Ruby Juliet - DSCF1432.jpg

Original X-metal Ruby Juliet - DSCF1433.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Fun's Way

Fun's Way Oakley Beginner

Can't wait to see your Pic's

Yes, the lenses during initial run are still availlable, but only from personal collection I think.

I own a pair of X012308 which I bought several years ago from an E-bay auction. The lenses are truly great lucky me!
    It's true that even the lenses from initial run JULIET X-metal/Ruby are various from batch to batch. But still they do look a lot better than the later release!

P.S. I do have a question of my own:

1) Exactly how many 1st Gen X-metal/Ruby JULIET were made? 5000 or more?
    2) I do hare some rumors that during the period of 2009 with the X-Men Origin - Wolverin hitting the box office, there is a batch of JULIET X-metal/Ruby in new package (new box, new coin design) that has the deep red/purple ruby iridium lenses just like the initial run release to the market! Is that confirmed?!

3. doowutchyalike

doowutchyalike Oakley Enthusiast

I just got some ruby lenses from Oakley.com, they don't look like fire at all.

4. Malv1

Malv1 Oakley Collector

That would be sweet if I can score a set of deep ruby with little to no yellow in them, like the originals but without all the scratches :dance3:

5. doowutchyalike

doowutchyalike Oakley Enthusiast

1) Exactly how many 1st Gen X-metal/Ruby JULIET were made? 5000 or more?

Well considering you have 12308 and I have 24559, i'm sure there are more than 5000 out there.

6. OOO

OOO Be True

That looks purple enough to me, Malv.
    I got two X-series XM Juliet's myself and the lenses look pretty close to what you got.

7. Rubyskull

Rubyskull Ichiro addict

i'm agree too
    i have a 1st gen ruby lens when they release the juliet ruby and not that much red

8. Funky-Trixtar

Funky-Trixtar Me ,some time ago............. Premium Member

9. Malv1

Malv1 Oakley Collector

My big worry is that when I get replacement lenses, they won't be this same color shading... I don't like how I have seen some ruby lately that is close to fire and I don't like that.

10. OOO

OOO Be True

Yeah, so can't replace these old-time lenses. Unless it costs more to make Ruby more purple, not sure why they can't re-do the older effects. Baby these oldies, or else swap them out with newbies if you're wearing them. Or just heck with it and let tomorrow worry for itself!!!