• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oscar Pistorius Shoots Girlfriend

jonoyong

Inside Outlaw.
Premium Member
Singapore
Just saw on the news, he allegedly mistook his girlfriend for a burglar and shot her. Died at the scene, and he's in custody. Hope there wasn't any criminal intent in his actions. I always felt his story was inspiring to me. After the Armstrong saga, hope that another Oakley athlete will not be in the news for the wrong reasons.

He shot her twice. Once in the arm then the head. As a former track athlete Oscar never once inspired me. I know it will come across super harsh but I always felt as a double amputee he should never have competed with able bodies athletes. I know I'll take a lot of heat for this but it's my opinion. Word is there will be a interview with SKY at some point today.

If we are honest, he lives Ina security complex and I'm sure his house is alarmed. I've heard that his partner had an affair while he was at the Olympics. So I'm seriously doubting it was an "accident"

How does somebody with no legs breaking world records not inspire you?

I hope this works out for him and that the crime wasn't intentional.

He shot her twice. Once in the arm then the head. As a former track athlete Oscar never once inspired me. I know it will come across super harsh but I always felt as a double amputee he should never have competed with able bodies athletes. I know I'll take a lot of heat for this but it's my opinion. Word is there will be a interview with SKY at some point today.

Probably shouldn't say your opinion out loud anymore. A guy with no legs running Olympic track is uninspiring? Maybe it's because you are an able-bodied non-athlete that believes his carbon fiber feet provide some competitive advantage, but they obviously don't, or he would have won Gold in London. Ask any US serviceperson that lost a limb in Iraq if they find a guy like Oscar inspiring...

Shame for the turn of events. Hope it turns out okay for him.

okay guys, before this thread takes a turn for the worse, let's just respect each others' opinion and maybe "debate" abt issues in a civil manner yeah?

okay, back on topic..latest news.

Oscar Pistorius murder charge: South African police deny burglary claims | World news | guardian.co.uk

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ol...achievements-will-no-longer-be-talked-of.html

doesn't look good for him. but i'm not gonna be judging at the moment. innocent until proven guilty i suppose. in my books at least.

How does somebody with no legs breaking world records not inspire you?
Easy not to be inspired. He had an unfair advantage over those who are "anatomically complete". He had no right competing, IMO. It's not that I don't respect him or understand his drive to want to compete. But let's face it, life deals all of us blows sometimes and we have to accept it. I've had to deal with things in life that didn't go my way. What makes him so special?

"Normal" athletes run the risk of injuries...achilles tendon tears, ankle sprains, calf cramps, what have you. He doesn't need to worry about that...because he doesn't have any of those things. You can't sprain carbon composite. As much as I understand his drive to compete, IMO the playing field was not level in his case.

Respect him? Yes. Inspired by him? No.

And now that he's been officially charged with murder, the "respect" part is on shaky ground now, too.

Just my $0.02

I'm am an extremely active person to solve that.

I have my own reason for my opinion. And I absolutely believe he has done wonders for people like himself.

With regard to the shooting, sadly we in South Africa have previously seen in local news casts in previous months that Oscar has anger issues an has had a few incidents before with his girlfriend, so sadly I think that this may not have been so accidental.

But I'm sure I'll get flamed again.

I wasn't aware of his background and never thought about his lack of muscles being an advantage, but I guess that's technically true.

If he is found guilty then it's going to be another sad day for an inspiring athlete.

Back