• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oscar Pistorius Shoots Girlfriend

Agreed. I just truly hope is was just a horrible accident and nothing more. No matter the outcome, he will be behind bars for years and his career is over.
Well, I was sort of hoping the same, but there's too much we just don't know. Like I said before, the prosecution doesn't just pull a "premeditated murder" charge out of their butts without there being at least some evidence to make the charge stick. There have now been reports of a bloodied cricket bat having been found at the scene. Rumors have it that he worked her over with it before shooting her dead. If DNA tests conclude that the blood on the bat belongs to Steenkamp, things won't be looking too rosy for him.

But it's all wild speculation at this point. We just have to wait for facts and see how it all plays out.

(BTW, I think we can remove the quotation marks around the word "shoots" in the thread title. He did, indeed, shoot her)

Well, I was sort of hoping the same, but there's too much we just don't know. Like I said before, the prosecution doesn't just pull a "premeditated murder" charge out of their butts without there being at least some evidence to make the charge stick. There have now been reports of a bloodied cricket bat having been found at the scene. Rumors have it that he worked her over with it before shooting her dead. If DNA tests conclude that the blood on the bat belongs to Steenkamp, things won't be looking too rosy for him.

But it's all wild speculation at this point. We just have to wait for facts and see how it all plays out.

I wouldn't believe everything in the press. I was watching the live "blow by blow" updates from reporters inside the courtroom, which I found to give a much better idea of the truth over what I've been reading in papers and watching on TV.

The bat wasn't bloody. The press have been making open statements leaving the public the assume. The bat was "mutilated", but this was done when OP used it to bash the door open. Remember he doesn't have legs to kick it down.

Just saw this Nike ad. I'm not sure if it's real or created after this incident, but I laughed.

Nike-Oscar-Pistorius-Ad.jpg

Attachments

• Nike-Oscar-Pistorius-Ad.jpg
    Nike-Oscar-Pistorius-Ad.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 156
Let's please not start that. It's a big can of worms, and we all know it will just result in arguments and hyperbole. No one is going to change their mind on the issue of firearms from discussions on an Oakley forum.

It amazes me how civilized gun owners seem to be everywhere I see this argument taking place. It is a true shame that a few bad eggs make owning a fire arm an issue.

To stay on topic though, I wish OP and all the friends and family involved a safe, fair trial. He was an inspiration during the olympics (whether or not his lack of legs was an advantage or not.) It is sad to see an individual like that fall the way he has in the past few days.

Let's please not start that. It's a big can of worms, and we all know it will just result in arguments and hyperbole. No one is going to change their mind on the issue of firearms from discussions on an Oakley forum.

I didn't offer it as a debating point, simply a statement of fact. No gun, no shooting. Accidental or otherwise.

No baseball bat, no being beaten to death with it.

No knife, no being stabbed to death.

Where does it stop?

If you take Pistorious at his word, it likely doesn't even start if he's armed with a knife or bat. If it does, it stops pretty rapidly and with significantly less chance of a fatality.

Back