• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Our first baby is on the way!

ROMEO OR JULIET??

• Romeo

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • Juliet

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rusty M

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
The Sunshine State
So back in November my wife and I were blessed with the wonderful news that she is expecting! After several doctors visits already and confirmation of hearing the heartbeat we go this Friday, February the 5th to find out the sex of the baby!!

I was talking on the phone with @xmetalmaniac earlier today and he gave me the great idea to create a thread to share the story with you all and to take a poll of what the members here think the baby will be!!

After much pleading with my wife she finally agreed that if the baby is a boy the middle name can be Oakley, so you all already know my vote!!! I am so stoked to start the search for my baby's first pair of Oakleys!!

The second reason I am creating this thread is to share the experience with everyone!! Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers through this time!!

Now let the votes begin!!

Last edited:
Thats the best thing that could happen to a couple.Congratulations.All the best for u and ur wife.
i m guessing u will have a son.

Congrats @Rusty M to you and your wife :)

My vote is ROMEO cause it is the 1st of the Oakley X-Metal line......see where I'm going with this? ;)

Congrats, and welcome to a new era of your life...

When I thought of such things, I had always imagined having a son, what I would teach him, etc. Then I found out I was having a girl. I can't lie and say I wasn't a bit disappointed. But I fell in love with her the day she was born and never had a second thought or regret. So don't invest too much on wanting a particular gender; it'll be good either way.

We went to a baby class for 1st time expecting parents planning on natural delivery; it taught about what to do leading up to the delivery, what to expect during delivery, and the basics of dealing with a baby, like diapers and swaddling, etc. One couple in the class were actually having their 2nd kid; they were attending because the 1st was c-section and they were planning on natural delivery for the 2nd.

The instructor asked them about any advice or lessons they could pass along from the experience with their 1st. The guy said something that stuck with me, and proved true.

Babies take a lot of time and effort; you'll be very busy and tired taking care of them and probably looking ahead to when things get easier. The advice was to appreciate the moment; they really do grow up fast and however they are at any particular moment, they won't be for long. Take the time to appreciate each stage before it's gone forever.

Best wishes...

Back