• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Out of all the aftermarket lens companies that make ruby color....

DrtyHarry

Oakley Expert
Out of all the aftermarket lens companies that make the ruby red color....who makes the best ones that have that deep dark blood color we all like in the ruby lens?

I know that there are now lenses Oakley makes for other glasses in ruby that are both polarized and iridium...I would love those, but $90 for the lens, than I don't have any idea how much they will cost to get cut to fit a Penny or Juliet. So for an everyday user lens, who makes the deepest darkest blood red lens in ruby color?

I have one original pair, but have them aside....want to find another pair that I won't cry if they get scratched...and look just as good if not better. Thanks guys!

FWIW, i have seen cutters quote on OF.com from $25-$40 to do a cut, then you need to add in your shipping cost to them and perhaps a shipping cost from them back to you.
Personally, although i have yet to get a custom cut done I would do my estimates at $40 per cut until i have the funds to get an actual quote then i would recommend doing more than one at a time, to spread the shipping cost.
My 2 cents...

FWIW, i have seen cutters quote on OF.com from $25-$40 to do a cut, then you need to add in your shipping cost to them and perhaps a shipping cost from them back to you.
Personally, although i have yet to get a custom cut done I would do my estimates at $40 per cut until i have the funds to get an actual quote then i would recommend doing more than one at a time, to spread the shipping cost.
My 2 cents...
This makes a LOT of sense. I'm kinda new to collecting these awesome glasses...but once I figure out what frame fits me best, I will get an assortment of lenses and (and frames) get all the lenses I want, and work out a deal on getting several sets cut...more lenses will end up getting them cheaper when you factor in shipping, etc. Well said.

Linegear makes the best aftermarket lenses. Hands down. They have excellent optical quality in that they are in prism corrected in a similar way that Oakley uses the prism to minimize the distortion that occurs with all polycarbonate lenses. Linegear lenses have been tested recently and found to be very close to Oakley in terms of clarity and optics. You get what you pay for man. My collection is a mixture of OEM, Custom cut OEM, and my beaters all have Linegear polarized lenses. Just my $.02 for whatever that's worth, lol.

Linegear makes the best aftermarket lenses. Hands down. They have excellent optical quality in that they are in prism corrected in a similar way that Oakley uses the prism to minimize the distortion that occurs with all polycarbonate lenses. Linegear lenses have been tested recently and found to be very close to Oakley in terms of clarity and optics. You get what you pay for man. My collection is a mixture of OEM, Custom cut OEM, and my beaters all have Linegear polarized lenses. Just my $.02 for whatever that's worth, lol.

That's good to know...thanks! Just returned a set of FUSE lenses because they didn't fit right. LINEGEAR IT IS!! :)

That's good to know...thanks! Just returned a set of FUSE lenses because they didn't fit right. LINEGEAR IT IS!! :)
Never had any issue with Linegear fit man. I've heard several people say that about the Fuse lenses. Part of the problem (really more a quirk) is that there is definitely some variability in the xmetal frames because of the way they were made so some lenses are too big while others are too small. Some of the lens cutters account for this and have you send them your frame. This way they cut the lenses specifically for your frame and the lenses are guaranteed to fit. If you sign up and make an account with linegear you get a small discount. They are legit and stand by their product. Their lenses are made, so they have informed us, by one of the finest specialty lens makers in Japan. I've never had an issue although they take a 7-10 days to get to the states. Their replacement rubber and screws are also probably the best non OEM quality you are going to find.

I don't use non-OEM lenses but yes, the info that LG lenses have recently tested as prism compensated is correct.

With Fuse, some of the problems may be because they're using base 6 instead of 8. If cut properly, you can get a different base to fit but it can be more difficult sometimes.

Got a LINEGEAR set of full red rubbers for my carbon XS on the way....good to know their lenses are top notch. Are the ruby red ones real dark blood red/purplish like some of the 1st/2nd gen Oakley ruby lenses?

Back