• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Out of all the aftermarket lens companies that make ruby color....

This is a nice looking color....I need to find out what model lenses can be used to make custom cut lenses for the Penny, Juliet, & XS.
Screen Shot 2015-09-17 at 11.13.54 PM.png

@kronin323 mind pointing where this info comes from? I had tried searching through OF for this info without success. Thanks!

There's a thread where InfiniteHero posted a test of LG lenses back in '13, that later got revived with LG claiming their lenses were improved since then and now prism compensated. There was some debate back and forth between them, with IH admitting that the test may be out of date and their lenses improved.

AFAIK he didn't post actual results of a retest, but later in another thread he did post this statement where he talks about retesting them, their prism compensation, and quality compared to OEM:

Suggestions appreciated here. | Page 2 | Oakley Forum

And, as additional information, at one point LG posted this info about their lenses:

I Am A Believer In Linegear! | Page 4 | Oakley Forum

Flaks (and some other Jackets) are the right curvature and big enough for both Juliet and Penny cuts. Better yet, they come in an enormous range of colours, including some you rarely see outside of Jackets. I have G40 Photochromics in a Juliet cut from one of the Jackets for example - don't know if @InfiniteHero remembers the exact model?

Is that the only ones you can work with or are they just easiest the easiest ones. What others can you use to cut??

There's a variety of lenses that can be used as donors for penny/juliet/XS. Look in the DIY section for the thread "Cutting lenses... what works"; it has a table of suitable donors for various frames.

But you posted a pic of one of the new Prizm lenses, which aren't available for all possible donor options. But they are for Flaks, if in stock.

Back