1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. CrazyALee

CrazyALee Oakley Collector

I got these snow gloves called "over it" gloves. Who else has these?? brand new and I noticed the edge of the rubber O logo was coming off already, peeling on both gloves so I removed them with ease because I figured I would lose them because they were so loose!

I then tried gluing them back with super glue and they were somewhat easy to peel off again (rubber, foam and fabric). Long story short I just kept repeating the process and glued them back and it took like 3 tries. Right now I think they're on nice and tight. Looks like crap with runny glue but whatever...used a sharpie to make it all black as best I can.

Im so. OVER IT with these "Over it" gloves :headbang:
    At least they'll keep my hands nice and warm

Who else has these gloves and noticed the O peels off easilY?
    *Note: I bought these online so didnt get chance to check them out in person prior. And didnt want to return/exchange because no time to wait for shipping. decided to just keep these...

"Over it" snow/winter gloves - who else has these? logo peeled off!! -_- - 10805047_10100736318204362_766030710_n.jpg "Over it" snow/winter gloves - who else has these? logo peeled off!! -_- - 10816174_10100736313578632_1987847091_n.jpg "Over it" snow/winter gloves - who else has these? logo peeled off!! -_- - 10811723_10100736313922942_1579775129_n.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. tigbball5

tigbball5 Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

I have never had those gloves but I have bought 2-3 pairs of 80-90 dollar gloves and they all ended up lasting about one winter. All the winter gloves nowadays seem very cheaply/poorly made.

3. CrazyALee

were they Oakley gloves or some other brand? Was it more cosmetic issue like mine or did it tear somewhere along the main seam/fingers?

4. tigbball5

tigbball5 Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

1 was an Oakley glove and they tore along the seam and same with a pair of serius gloves.

5. Lexkempo

Lexkempo Frog Fanatic

There are just some products that some companies shouldn't really be making ... And gloves seem to be one product O has a hard time doing... They always look cool but aren't all that durable...

My experience with the ratchet glove, the SI pilot glove and am winter glove I bought 10 years ago who's name I never noticed because I wasn't an O head :(

IMO, for winter gloves, stick to established companies that make good (read: expensive) ones...

Patagonia, Arcteryx, OR, Canada Goose, TNF are all good brands ... You'll pay 150-250 per pair but it could last 10 years with proper care...

Arcteryx's gore tex gloves are ( AFAIK) lifetime guaranteed waterproof... Not too shabby ...

6. CrazyALee

yes gloves (I also have SI assault gloves and the quality is so-so....), and their watches I've had bad experience...
    but I love their glasses (of course), and backpacks/duffels.

"Everything can and will be made better" - they should not slap an O logo, let alone make, some products....

7. TheWannaBe

TheWannaBe The O-Warrior Premium Member

I have a nice pair of Dakine gloves, paid like 90 bucks and they have lasted like 5 years! Awesome gloves. Never heard of these guys before but seems kind of frustrating with the icon falling off... Maybe a Lemon?

8. gascan_man

gascan_man Oakley Beginner

Mine started to split on a seam - went to a pair of Hestra's instead. Too bad as I liked them, but they were like others and only survived a season