• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

"Over it" snow/winter gloves - who else has these? logo peeled off!! -_-

CrazyALee

I should Work at Oakley
CA, USA
I got these snow gloves called "over it" gloves. Who else has these?? brand new and I noticed the edge of the rubber O logo was coming off already, peeling on both gloves so I removed them with ease because I figured I would lose them because they were so loose!

I then tried gluing them back with super glue and they were somewhat easy to peel off again (rubber, foam and fabric). Long story short I just kept repeating the process and glued them back and it took like 3 tries. Right now I think they're on nice and tight. Looks like crap with runny glue but whatever...used a sharpie to make it all black as best I can.

Im so. OVER IT with these "Over it" gloves :headbang:
At least they'll keep my hands nice and warm

Who else has these gloves and noticed the O peels off easilY?
*Note: I bought these online so didnt get chance to check them out in person prior. And didnt want to return/exchange because no time to wait for shipping. decided to just keep these...

10805047_10100736318204362_766030710_n.jpg
10816174_10100736313578632_1987847091_n.jpg
10811723_10100736313922942_1579775129_n.jpg

I have never had those gloves but I have bought 2-3 pairs of 80-90 dollar gloves and they all ended up lasting about one winter. All the winter gloves nowadays seem very cheaply/poorly made.

I have never had those gloves but I have bought 2-3 pairs of 80-90 dollar gloves and they all ended up lasting about one winter. All the winter gloves nowadays seem very cheaply/poorly made.

were they Oakley gloves or some other brand? Was it more cosmetic issue like mine or did it tear somewhere along the main seam/fingers?

There are just some products that some companies shouldn't really be making ... And gloves seem to be one product O has a hard time doing... They always look cool but aren't all that durable...

My experience with the ratchet glove, the SI pilot glove and am winter glove I bought 10 years ago who's name I never noticed because I wasn't an O head :(

IMO, for winter gloves, stick to established companies that make good (read: expensive) ones...

Patagonia, Arcteryx, OR, Canada Goose, TNF are all good brands ... You'll pay 150-250 per pair but it could last 10 years with proper care...

Arcteryx's gore tex gloves are ( AFAIK) lifetime guaranteed waterproof... Not too shabby ...

There are just some products that some companies shouldn't really be making ... And gloves seem to be one product O has a hard time doing... They always look cool but aren't all that durable...

My experience with the ratchet glove, the SI pilot glove and am winter glove I bought 10 years ago who's name I never noticed because I wasn't an O head :(

IMO, for winter gloves, stick to established companies that make good (read: expensive) ones...

Patagonia, Arcteryx, OR, Canada Goose, TNF are all good brands ... You'll pay 150-250 per pair but it could last 10 years with proper care...

Arcteryx's gore tex gloves are ( AFAIK) lifetime guaranteed waterproof... Not too shabby ...

yes gloves (I also have SI assault gloves and the quality is so-so....), and their watches I've had bad experience...
but I love their glasses (of course), and backpacks/duffels.

"Everything can and will be made better" - they should not slap an O logo, let alone make, some products....

I have a nice pair of Dakine gloves, paid like 90 bucks and they have lasted like 5 years! Awesome gloves. Never heard of these guys before but seems kind of frustrating with the icon falling off... Maybe a Lemon?

Mine started to split on a seam - went to a pair of Hestra's instead. Too bad as I liked them, but they were like others and only survived a season

Back