• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Over The Top Glasses

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Username Hidden said:
Welcome to the forum lol. People here are pretty hostile towards new comers. Usually they like new people to introduce themselves in the intros section first, before posting anywhere else. Let's people get a feel for you and know you're genuine. On a side note, your price is just a tad bit high. But at any rate, welcome and good luck with your sale!

You guys need to relax.
Its not that we are hostile to new members. It is we are cautious about new members trying to unload their stuff or scamming.I do believe as with most forums I am member of we should have a min post count and a min time the member needs to contribute to the forum before they can sell. Dont have a problem with a new poster posting a wtb or contributing to posts.

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
Welcome to the forum lol. People here are pretty hostile towards new comers. Usually they like new people to introduce themselves in the intros section first, before posting anywhere else. Let's people get a feel for you and know you're genuine.

Q is right. This is a forum for people who love Oakleys and "where o matters" and its not eBay or Craigslist. It's cool we have a classified section, but this isn't just a marketplace. We're a community who are welcoming to others, but also protective against those looking to take advantage of the community.

I just think you could explain to him what he needs to do instead of instantly attacking him. If you want people to stay, be polite. He's new. He doesn't know the rules. Relax a little. Tell him what he needs to do. You were all new once.

all Im trying to do is sell my glasses haha. not scamming. Im new to this forum cause this is the only pair of oakleys i have ever had and i want to sell them

Username Hidden said:
I just think you could explain to him what he needs to do instead of instantly attacking him. If you want people to stay, be polite. He's new. He doesn't know the rules. Relax a little. Tell him what he needs to do. You were all new once.

actually this makes sense. but when i join somewhere new i try to read all the rules first before trying to post, or make a thread asking where i can post. or ask for help in general, instead of going straight to post a FS in the wrong section. If u knw you cant see a for sale section is for a reason, so why try posting it somewhere else. thats why newer people get **** all the time. go read the rules and then post.

also will anyone buy for 275 i will change it to that on ebay

Lets keep this thread for the sale of the OTT only. I know some members have their opinion on how new members should conduct themselves. However you should also know that any sale thread that appears to move to a discussion is a violation of forum rules.

Now for the new member "harrizle"... Your clear statement of "well this will be a one time thing for me on this forum." is a clear indicator that you just have come on here to sell your gear, which you don't want. Its clear you are not into Oakley's, based on your posts, Ebay selling history and price changes.

If you want to post in this forum, read and follow the rules first, there are a lot of members that will flame you, as you can already see. They are warned and also know the rules.

Lets keep this thread open to offers and sales only. PM the member for further discussions outside the sale.

If you want to verify your identity, post a picture of the glasses with a piece of paper showing your forum name.

IMG_0380.jpg

happy ? haha

That's not for me. I'm doing that so other people can see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.