• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Over The Tops

zwc0442

El Zach
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Sunny San Diego
Are the over the tops a reasonably rare item. I forgot that I had a pair at my parents house that I got along time ago from a friend that gave then to me in exchange for cutting my hair in a nowhawk. Cause ya know they've got that split in the middle and a mowhawk fits nice right through the middle. Anyway I was just looking thru ebay and people are trying to sell these for $700 to $900 with box. Are they really worth that now? Or is that just ebay prices. Was gonna have em shipped down to me and wanted to insure them but wasn't sure on the value. Thanks

They haven't quite reached the $700 to $900 mark yet. More accurate pricing would be between $300 to $600 depending on condition & completion.

Ok thanks they are new in box black with ruby lenses. The box in probably 9 to 9.5 out of 10 condition. They came out of the display case and onto my shelf.

Well man, without pics i really cant say, But i can tell you I paid $660 for mine, but they were BRAND NEW IN BOX 10/10 perfect perfect perfect condition. if yours are the same I would not sell below 600 mark. as for insurance and shipping well my friend they will only give you what the retail value was at purchase. so basically your ass is ****ed if they got lost in the mail

No fmj/emerald or what not... i bought only beacuse i felt that a pair glasses that unique deserve to be in my collection

I may be mistaken, but FMJ frames are considerably less than black out in the wild. A complete Black / Ruby is going to get up closer to $1,000 though I won't speculate how much. If it's got the Blade II etched lens it will be worth more still.

FMJ Black, FMJ Fire being the two most common, FMJ Emerald and Ice being less common, and the black being the more sought after.

Honestly I know in your eyes I may have but in my eyes they were worth it to me! My collection is sooo pristine I just cant have any flaws. I only want brand new stuff. So you may say i over paid by 150 - 200 but here is the deal... you cant buy that piece out of my collection. My collection is soo personnel i really dont care what anything cost, if i am willing to spend the money then that is what its worth.

So the FMJ ice/emerald/fire combo are more common than the black ruby/fire combo? And can't say I ever seen a set with the Blade II etched. Were there that many that were released?

Latest Posts

Back