1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Psychotech05813

Psychotech05813 Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

why does it seem like every display case that is find is either 1000 miles away and way overpriced. I guess its all about who you know, or get scammed my greedy folks.

cyclerdoug likes this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Nortika

Nortika Oakley Expert Premium Member

You can thank eBay for that!!!

Wavecloud likes this.
  3. Psychotech05813

Psychotech05813 Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

its just outrageous, its like if your just a average joe you have to shell out a ton of money or wait half a lifetime to find one for a good price within a decent driving distance.

4. Nortika

Nortika Oakley Expert Premium Member

Yes, it's a pain, I've seen a lot on Craigslist for descent prices, but location is the key to finding them, and people like to use eBay to determine their prices

5. Jmgarcia

Jmgarcia Oakley Collector

Aren't those cases free to venders to begin with?

VolcanOG likes this.
  6. Lexkempo

Lexkempo Frog Fanatic

The cases aren't entirely free to the independent merchants I've known and spoken too ...

And the cases don't belong to the merchants either... They have to be returned upon request from HQ....

To add insult to injury, if the merchant goes under... They still have to pay to send everything back to HQ ... Such is why you can find a lot of cases online that used to belong in smaller sports stores ...

7. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

No

cyclerdoug likes this.
  8. cyclerdoug

cyclerdoug Oakley Expert Premium Member

Those cases are not free, as @OakleyFrankFMJ stated simply. The merchant has to pay for them and they are subject to be recalled by Oakley for a variety of reasons...business closing, replacement, upgrade, etc. much like showroom materials at car dealers.
    I waited and looked for over 2 years before I found one close enough to drive to at a very fair price. Unfortunately, Fair Market Capitalism and Supply and Demand are forever linked.

Greatestalltime likes this.
  9. the_owl

the_owl Oakley Expert

Cases just seem to fall in my lap. Out of my 10, ive bought two. Others were free.

cyclerdoug and mjt42 like this.
  10. OakleyCan

OakleyCan Oakley Collector

Supply and demand. When something was never sold at retail I guess you can demand top dollar. If the seller gauges value with Ebay it makes it a sellers market.

If you find a well priced case make a road trip of it. Thats what I did with my first case

Last edited: 3/22/16
    cyclerdoug and Psychotech05813 like this.