• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Overpriced display cases

• Thread starter Deleted member 16285
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16285

why does it seem like every display case that is find is either 1000 miles away and way overpriced. I guess its all about who you know, or get scammed my greedy folks.

its just outrageous, its like if your just a average joe you have to shell out a ton of money or wait half a lifetime to find one for a good price within a decent driving distance.

Yes, it's a pain, I've seen a lot on Craigslist for descent prices, but location is the key to finding them, and people like to use eBay to determine their prices

Aren't those cases free to venders to begin with?
The cases aren't entirely free to the independent merchants I've known and spoken too ...

And the cases don't belong to the merchants either... They have to be returned upon request from HQ....

To add insult to injury, if the merchant goes under... They still have to pay to send everything back to HQ ... Such is why you can find a lot of cases online that used to belong in smaller sports stores ...

Those cases are not free, as @OakleyFrankFMJ stated simply. The merchant has to pay for them and they are subject to be recalled by Oakley for a variety of reasons...business closing, replacement, upgrade, etc. much like showroom materials at car dealers.
I waited and looked for over 2 years before I found one close enough to drive to at a very fair price. Unfortunately, Fair Market Capitalism and Supply and Demand are forever linked.

Supply and demand. When something was never sold at retail I guess you can demand top dollar. If the seller gauges value with Ebay it makes it a sellers market.

If you find a well priced case make a road trip of it. Thats what I did with my first case

Last edited:
Back