• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Paint A Oakley Display Case

actually, you can get those anodized like finishes in powdercoat too and theres a sick chrome too

what ever you will do i`m pretty sure it will be DOPE!
have fun . . . and take your time . . .

This is just a suggestion I am passing on to you, based on experience......

I would not attempt to polish the whole case unless you have a DA sander, a buffer, a LOAD of DA sand paper in different grits, high speed polishing micro bonnets, compressor, 3m finesse it, and the proper masks and ventilation, then polishing it will be extensive and expensive. Doing DA sanding work on aluminum without proper masks is a hazard. The aluminum dust is not something you want to breath in.

Sanding each rivit with sand paper is seriously time consuming and something that will start out as fun, until you move on to the 2nd rivit.... No more fun....Unless you are using a dremel with a lot of micro buffing pads and rouge......

I have polished numerous things. Especially my X Metal Vault, stands, card holders, frames etc. That is tedious work.

Just a heads up watch out how you polish, as it WILL cause permanent swirl marks.

I say remove ALL the plexi, powerder coat the inside and out. Find a plastic shop and have them cut new plexi, its worth it in the end especially if its scratched up. Plus its cheap to do.....

Then you can either hand paint the rivits a contrasting color OR buy stainless caps to cover the rivit.

Here is just one company that has some, I have seen other, just do a search: Pro-Dec: Manufacturer of Screw Covers, Screw Caps & Snap-Caps®

I have done big projects before. I know the hazards involved with sanding aluminum. I only hand sand and only wet sand so no particles. I use 1000-1500-2000 grit paper. It will be a lengthy process nothing fun. I like to have something to show for it afterwards. Something I
actually did.

Good luck with your project, hope it works well for you......Post pix of the final project so we all can see it. Anyone doing it by hand deserves recognition..

Latest Posts

Back