• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Paint code for respraying Oakley Plate Platinum 24K Iridium sunglasses

DeLorean

Oakley Beginner
Hi Guys,
I'd like to prepare and respray a pair of my sunglasses as the paint is now badly worn and discoloured.
Does anyone know the paint code I should be using to restore them back to the original colour?
I also need to reattach some of the "plates" which have broken away from the frame... would this stuff do the trick?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01GRM02V6/
Many thanks :)

@SoulFulFrog
@Wavecloud @zwc0442 @Bonz-1 @Zax @Rick58

These guys might be able to help you or if you fancy getting them Customised and don’t want to put in the work, then that is possible too.

Thanks for the tag.. not sure what the code would be but just keep playing with different colours until you hit the match you want. I buy bulk basecoats typically from an automotive repair paint shop and match anything out of those. So buy some silver and gold metallic and just add some candy yellow or orange. You should be able to get it pretty bang on. Make sure to start with little amounts at first.

Super glue works fine for the plates.

Thats not an easy job, the Platinum Plate does not look like a simple FMJ, the finish is a little different...and if you intend to paint the translucent parts too you'll need to sand it and then paint both sides...

Thanks for all the feedback guys, it's very much appreciated :)
I've resprayed a pair of sunglasses before just using automotive paint and I was hoping to do the same here.
Not knowing much about spray paints I though it would be like automotive paints where you find a paint code and off you go.
I may have to resign myself to just respraying them silver or a slightly gold tinted silver... whatever I can find at my local automotive store.
I have a brand new boxed pair so matching the paint to the original colour shouldn't be a problem as my older used pairs have discoloured quite a bit over the years.
Thanks again :)

Hi, how’s it going? I just came across your post and was wondering if you did ever find the paint code for the Platinum color, or even a near-perfect match. Thanks.

Back