• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Paint Type Or Brand For Custom Glasses

I am just curious to see who or what is plastic paint lol. Only thing I know of directly is that rattle can crap from Krylon....the stuff for lawn furniture or whatever

haha thats the one. Im a little loose with saying it is "high quality" Hense why I am leaving it up to the pros in the future!

hi guys! I am planning to custom paint a frogskins later. Just wondering if you guys know what paint type or brand should i use given that I knew most you have done DIY mods one way or another. Appreciate your help. Cheers!

Liquitex Professional Spray Paint work best on Frogz!!! I always put a old pair of lenses in while I paint and then gently and carefully pull them out. If you are doing a "craftsman" style paint job you should have a
problem.

skatedeck/crafstman/distressed is kind of a cheater way since it doesn't matter if they get chipped...scuff it smooth and it blends in lol...just sayin

skatedeck/crafstman/distressed is kind of a cheater way since it doesn't matter if they get chipped...scuff it smooth and it blends in lol...just sayin

haha very true. but i was surprised not to have much if any problems with chipping even with doing a regular singe flat color. Then again i did use about 8/9 coats....The thing i really liked about the Liquitex paint was that you could sand it down evenly and cover ever mistake even if it did chip. The only problom i have run into is getting to dry evenly at low temps aka spring in my garage at around 40*.

haha very true. but i was surprised not to have much if any problems with chipping even with doing a regular singe flat color. Then again i did use about 8/9 coats....The thing i really liked about the Liquitex paint was that you could sand it down evenly and cover ever mistake even if it did chip. The only problom i have run into is getting to dry evenly at low temps aka spring in my garage at around 40*.
I know how that goes. Trust me. Even here in So Cal, it drops into the low 50s in my "Shop" aka Garage (it is finished but still)...I have to use a propane heater to bring up the temps...Can't wait 'til my wife and I buy a place...I already have my shop building designed and ready for construction...It helps knowing peeps in the biz to build it....

Latest Posts

Back