1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. ucdavis4PT0gpa

ucdavis4PT0gpa THE BEST IS YET TO COME

Best pics I could get; paint actually started to flake a little on one earstem as I rubbed it with my finger. I could tell something was up the minute I touched them...could feel the paint and the friction from it (and of course the color was off). This was an ebay buy and by the pictures (which look like maybe they were taken with flash), it appeared titanium but its not. Plus the frames feel lighter than they should-don't know if this is possibly a function of the underlying finish having been ground down slightly-but a pair of Carbon Juliets is heavier in hand than these.

Going to try to get an amicable return/refund----we'll see. Only solace? I have an X Metal on the way but the downside is it ruined a trade I had set up for a Romeo Scelzi which I'll now have to go to the open market for.

Painted Romeo Frame - IMAG0874.jpg
    Painted Romeo Frame - IMAG0875.jpg
    Painted Romeo Frame - IMAG0876.jpg
    Painted Romeo Frame - IMAG0877.jpg
    Painted Romeo Frame - IMAG0878.jpg
    Painted Romeo Frame - IMAG0879.jpg
    Painted Romeo Frame - IMAG0880.jpg
    Painted Romeo Frame - IMAG0881.jpg
    Painted Romeo Frame - IMAG0882.jpg
    Painted Romeo Frame - IMAG0883.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

that is poor man.. worst case scenario, youre the new owner of a pair of polished romeo1's haha.. the actual frame still looks legit.

3. doowutchyalike

doowutchyalike Oakley Enthusiast

Looks like a perfect candidate for a polish job to me!

4. oakleyandi

oakleyandi Oakley Collector

sorry man... hope you can still get your $ back though!

5. ucdavis4PT0gpa

Well we shall see--eBay is VERY buyer biased these days, for better or worse. I had an issue with a pair that the seller said were like new but were scratched up big time. Took a few weeks, but I ended up getting a refund--course I wasn't out $400+ in THAT case. The frame looks totally legit but I'm really confounded by its weight...I'm telling you its REALLY light. The dimensions and thickness of the pieces look right, but I don't get why its not as heavy as my other Romeo.

6. Rubyskull

Rubyskull Ichiro addict

Because someone as paint over the old color

7. ucdavis4PT0gpa

No harm no foul, seller will be doing a full refund once I ship back the glasses. Very nice messages, just one of those things where the listing wasn't quite as specific as it needed to be. Sooooo....I'll be keeping my Plasma and putting some OEM custom cuts in and swapping between Ruby and BIP on my incoming X Metals with some red rubber. Now the only thing is to track down a Scelzi R2

8. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

I would do a serious polish job on those.......

9. ucdavis4PT0gpa

Well if anyone wants them let me know. The seller is offering a $100 partial refund of my $403 purchase price but I'm still sending them back so if anyone wants these for $310, I'll ship them to you.

10. oakleyandi

oakleyandi Oakley Collector

I thought you were trading your R1 for Suby's R2 Scelzy... ohhh was this Picasso one??