• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Painting Frames- Questions

Dr. Chop is there any specific color choices you have though? Or do you do it all? A buddy of mine that collects brought me some Prom M Frames That were a weird yellow-orange color he picked up at a garage sale. Maybe 09-651 or 06-924. More orange looking the O's were orange also and looked like they used to have another color there. I offered him good money for them and he said no :sad: So I'm looking at purchasing some Pro's and getting this done. If I could get a Pro M Frame like 06-924 that would be awesome!

Dr. Chop is there any specific color choices you have though? Or do you do it all? A buddy of mine that collects brought me some Prom M Frames That were a weird yellow-orange color he picked up at a garage sale. Maybe 09-651 or 06-924. More orange looking the O's were orange also and looked like they used to have another color there. I offered him good money for them and he said no :sad: So I'm looking at purchasing some Pro's and getting this done. If I could get a Pro M Frame like 06-924 that would be awesome!

I am sure I can blend something close to what you want if it isn't readily available (generally they aren't)....I think honey orange is close to that "yellow" as they describe it as being.

Yeah that sounds awesome! I will definitely be sending you those frames as soon as I can find them for a good price! I really like the brushed metal/ usa M frames you posted. Now I just need some USA M frame logos :sad:but I'm determined.

there is a thread about removing them....It's easy. use a pyrex type glass dish, toss in some water, hit it in the microwave for 2-3 min, drop your arm in for 20 seconds or so, pop out, repeat the other side. Simple. The hot water maintains the adhesive layer. If when you are prying up you see the tape separating, drop back in the water (re-heat for another 30secs - 1min if need be). You won't hurt the frame at all.

there is a thread about removing them....It's easy. use a pyrex type glass dish, toss in some water, hit it in the microwave for 2-3 min, drop your arm in for 20 seconds or so, pop out, repeat the other side. Simple. The hot water maintains the adhesive layer. If when you are prying up you see the tape separating, drop back in the water (re-heat for another 30secs - 1min if need be). You won't hurt the frame at all.

Dr. Chop, do you paint Oakleys for others? If so, what do you charge?

Made an attempt to paint my white bottle rockets black and they did not turn out so well. Would truly appreciate your help!

Dr. Chop, do you paint Oakleys for others? If so, what do you charge?

Made an attempt to paint my white bottle rockets black and they did not turn out so well. Would truly appreciate your help!
You can just google Dr. Chop Shop and see what ya find..............or you can click on the following link...

http://www.drchopshop.com/

Back