• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Painting Frames

There are members here who does custom paints just do a little bit more research you will find them they are popular here.

I just got some Oakleys I want to customize and I was wondering what you guys use to paint yours. Any advice/ help will be greatly appreciated.
I use an airbrush with acrylic paints

image.jpg

Curios to know if this works with refinishing the ear stem of xx 24k?

This Splice was given to me two weeks ago by a friend who lost interest in it because of scratches all over its lenses and frame. I replaced the Grey lens with Deep Red Ruby Iridium and spray painted its Matte Black upper frame with Bronze-Gold quick drying acrylic paint last night and here's the result:
3771-1431007884-2c710ddb963a349df0480b830d520c69.jpg

3776-1431007899-ed9840e93b56c5d4e119b28aa5d03ffc.jpg

I'm not sure if I have done it right but I like the results anyway. :)

You can get small sample bottles of duracoat from their website I think that's probably your best option for paint. and you don't need to bake it it will air dry and cure on its own. you can also get an airbrush kit from Hobby Lobby for cheap with a can of propel or an air compressor .keep your air pressure at about 25 psi

Don't use that model airplane testers crap it'll flake off in a matter of days the most important thing is how you prep what your painting. scuff it up with super fine steel wool or scotch brite pads

Back