• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Painting The Logos On Frogs

jonoyong

Inside Outlaw.
Premium Member
Singapore
as the title says, anyone got any suggestions or ideas? i can't seem to find the right method to do so. either that or my artistic skills just ain't up to scratch. everytime i use a paintbrush to do the work, i just end up messing things up. bummer.

open to suggestions and opinions from other, more artistically inclined mates. =)

Jono, I think the only way to do the script is by making a couple of masks for this and include some register marks to aline with(for future jobs). Make this from a thickish flexible plastic materiel so it can be cleaned and used again and again.

Try dry brushing the paint on. Modelers use this to highlight details. I tried to google it but couldn't find a really good site to explain. Here is a PDF which expains it.

http://www.finescale.com/~/media/import/files/pdf/1/0/e/dry-brushing.pdf

Basically, you use a high quality paint brush and dip the brush into the paint and use a piece of paper to get rid of the paint from the brush. Drag the brush lightly along the words and it will paint it. The goal is to just have enough paint on the brush to put on the words without making it flow. It should take a couple of passes to get it painted. I would mask off the area around the wording just in case and use a brush which is as wide as the letter height so you can coat the wording evenly.

Try practicing it on something first before trying it on your Frogs though.

Try dry brushing the paint on. Modelers use this to highlight details. I tried to google it but couldn't find a really good site to explain. Here is a PDF which expains it.

http://www.finescale.com/~/media/import/files/pdf/1/0/e/dry-brushing.pdf

Basically, you use a high quality paint brush and dip the brush into the paint and use a piece of paper to get rid of the paint from the brush. Drag the brush lightly along the words and it will paint it. The goal is to just have enough paint on the brush to put on the words without making it flow. It should take a couple of passes to get it painted. I would mask off the area around the wording just in case and use a brush which is as wide as the letter height so you can coat the wording evenly.

Try practicing it on something first before trying it on your Frogs though.

Yup yup. Jono you can try to search for dry-brushing technique on youtube. I think someone mentioned it in a thread not too long ago. a very tedious process!

Thanks for all the advice dudes! forgive me, coz i'm not very artistically-inclined at all, so i guess patience and practice is the way to go.

Back