1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Vaapad

Vaapad Oakley Beginner

I have a pair of 90s wires that are in good structural condition, but the paint is chipped all over (pewter finish I believe).

Has anyone tried to re-finish wire frames with fresh paint? I was thinking automotive spray paint, but figured I'd first see if any of you fine folks has had success on his front ...

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Vaapad

Vaapad Oakley Beginner

C'mon guys, someone must have tried this :)

3. THE X-MAN

THE X-MAN Forum Sponsor Gold Forum Sponsor Premium Member Lifetime Member

No,that rattle can paint is crap,use cerakote or duracoat and bake em at 200deg for a half hour. you should media blast em first so the paint has a good clean mechanical bond

4. Vaapad

Vaapad Oakley Beginner

Thanks @THE X-MAN. I had to look up what media blasting is, and it doesn't look like something I can do myself. Can I sand off the paint, either the old fashion way or with a dremmel? Or will that not work for some reason?

5. THE X-MAN

THE X-MAN Forum Sponsor Gold Forum Sponsor Premium Member Lifetime Member

No,painting is all about the prep work,if you gouge the surface it will show thru,send em to me......I'll be easy on you.

OakleyFrankFMJ likes this.
  6. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Don't make it hurt. ;)

:rofl:

7. flyer

flyer Oakley Expert

I've explored this possibility myself, and by ALL accounts, @THE X-MAN is the best way to go.

OakleyFrankFMJ likes this.