• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Panel Pack - Which Color Do You Prefer?

Panel Pack - What do you boys think of the backpack?!

13190762713_a8e9890f92_c.jpg

Good news; the panel pack arrived. Bad news; they sent BLACK instead of MULTICAM!!!

I will say that I am impressed with the design, although I still wish it had a chest or waist strap (or both). I will be calling to see what they plan to do to rectify their error and hopefully get my son the multicam pack he wants.

Good news; the panel pack arrived. Bad news; they sent BLACK instead of MULTICAM!!!

I will say that I am impressed with the design, although I still wish it had a chest or waist strap (or both). I will be calling to see what they plan to do to rectify their error and hopefully get my son the multicam pack he wants.

Oh man.. What a pity.. Thats bad. You got it from the Oakley website?

Forces site
How is the thickness of the material on the black one? The black one that i have that i bought in 2010 is pretty thin when compared to the sheet metal grey one that i got a couple of weeks ago which feels relatively thicker. Definitely different. I really like the thicker material on the grey one and i wonder if Oakley actually made the fabric thicker on the Panel Pack thats in production now.

I don't have anything to compare it to but the padding on the back seems to be thick enough. I do like all the organization pockets and slots, plus the laptop compartment. It would make a great travel and everyday pack, but not as great for motorcycling and mountain biking (2 things I do often) because of the lack of extra straps. I'm still on the fence about getting one for myself.

I don't have anything to compare it to but the padding on the back seems to be thick enough. I do like all the organization pockets and slots, plus the laptop compartment. It would make a great travel and everyday pack, but not as great for motorcycling and mountain biking (2 things I do often) because of the lack of extra straps. I'm still on the fence about getting one for myself.

It is a good backpack. Simple yet functional enough for everyday use. If you want something durable and functional for traveling which has the extra straps for the waist and even more pockets and slots, then I would recommend the Kitchen Sink. I took a look at the Kitchen Sink backpack yesterday, pretty solid for a backpack, not to mention it looks great as well. Albeit, its expensive but it looks to be worth it at US$200. Its not as big as I thought it would be. Looks to be around the same size as my Surf Pack. The Bathroom Sink on the other hand is too small. Its even smaller than the Panel Pack. I see myself getting the Kitchen Sink in the near future.

I really like how the backpack was made to look really worn out in the film The Book of Eli. The rope details and the leather patch added on the bottom part is a nice touch as well....

13074254403_2242a79228_o.jpg

If Oakley still offered the Panel in grey, I would have bought one instantly. I wasn't a big fan of the khaki colored Panel. For some reason, when you call Oakley Customer Service they insist the Mechanism is the back pack used in the "Book of Eli." I had to insist that it was the Panel in the color grey. Nice pick up.

Back