1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Romeo Van Frogskinstein

Romeo Van Frogskinstein Oakley Enthusiast

I aim to produce threads that chronicle official production eyewear items that were given exclusivity to various countries. Part 1 will begin with Japan as I have been motivated by the recent Murasaki Sports Holbrook. I have excluded 4 Ichiro Juliets and the Livestrong Frogskin that were also available in the USA, and I have omitted any Asian fit issue that had a configuration available in countries other than Japan. If anyone can provide additional information I am sure we can all benefit.

ETERNAL - Polished Black - Black Grey Gradient 24-039 NAOMI/SOUTH with unique microbag
    FAST JACKET - Pearl - Slate & G30 OO9162-10 AI MIYAZATO
    FLAK JACKET - Red/Pearl - Slate 12-775 AI MIYAZATO
    FROGSKINS - Bearbrick - Black 24-283 MEDICOM TOY with unique microbag
    - Brown Camouflage/Tortoiseshell - Grey FRAGMENT/HIROSHI FUJIWARA with specific microbag, estimated quantity 40
    - Brown Smoke Tortoise - Clear 24-386 B & Y with specific microbag
    - Brown Tortoise - Clear 24-150 BEAMS with orange microbag, quantity 150
    - Crystal Black - Slate 03-213 ORIGINAL FAKE with specific microbag and box
    - Dark Amber - Emerald 24-387 B & Y, with specific microbag
    - Forest Camo - Grey 24-334 NITRAID with sticker, 4 legged, lens etched, with unique microbag
    - Grey Camouflage/Tortoiseshell - Grey FRAGMENT/HIROSHI FUJIWARA with specific microbag, estimated quantity 40
    - Matte Black - Grey Polarized 24-380 MASTERMIND, unique microbag, black box with silver text, quantity 50
    - Matte Dark Grey - Black P 24-388 BUENA VISTA, unique microbag, white box
    - Matte Navy - Ice OO9013-02 PILGRIM SURF + SUPPLY, lens etched, unique microbag, white box
    - Polished Black - Black Polarized 24-379 MASTERMIND, unique microbag, black box with silver text, quantity 50
    - Polished Black - Grey Polarized 03-223 NITRAID with sticker. Quantity around 50
    - Polished Black - Clear 24-149 BEAMS with orange microbag, quantity 150
    - Polished Black Crystal Black Fade - Clear 24-260 BEAMS with specific microbag & croakie. Quantity 200
    - Polished Black Navy Fade - Yellow 24-259 BEAMS with specific microbag & croakie. Quantity 200
    - Rootbeer - Bronze 03-216 ORIGINAL FAKE with specific microbag and box
    - Smog Text - Grey 24-258 KICKS LAB with specific microbag. Lens etched 'KICKS LAB', quantity 20
    - Smog Tortoise - Grey 24-257 BACK CHANNEL with specific microbag and etched lens
    - Solid Black - Emerald FRAGMENT/HIROSHI FUJIWARA with specific microbag, estimated quantity 40
    - Splatter - Clear 24-261 ATMOS. Some sources say quantity 50, some say 100
    - Polished Black - Black 24-339 AAPE. Four legged with unique microbag. Quantity 130, each with T-Shirt (S,M,L,XL sizes) in elaborate packaging
    GASCAN - Brown - Warm Grey 12-738 DAVID FLORES alleged quantity 100, some icons orange, some silver
    HALF JACKET - Pearl - Slate 12-733 AI MIYAZATO
    HATCHET - Raw - Ti Clear 05-832
    - Brown - Gold Clear 05-833
    HOLBROOK - Matte Black Tortoise - Chrome OO9102-32 MURASAKI SPORTS. Quantity 400
    JAWBONE - Black Splatter - Black & Clear 24-262 ATMOS. Quantity 100
    - Polished Black - Fire & Slate NOBUKAZU KURIKI OCE
    JULIET - Plasma - Ti Clear 12-623 Quantity 2000 each with serial number
    - Polished - Ti Clear 12-624 Quantity 2000 each with serial number
    - X Metal - Slate 12-726 ICHIRO. Quantity 1000 each with serial number
    - Polished Carbon - Slate 24-035 ICHIRO. Quantity 1200 each with serial number
    MONSTER DOG - Polished Black - Ti Clear 05-019
    - Matte Black - Black Gradient 12-730
    MONSTER PUP - Polished Black - Pink 12-739
    - Brown Smoke - Gold Clear 12-740
    PIT BULL - Black/Silver Ghost Text - Slate OO9161-09 with Japan flag microbag
    RADAR - Glow In The Dark - Slate (Path) 09-752J
    - Blue/Silver History Text - Slate (Path vented) 24-226 ICHIRO Home. Quantity 2000
    - Silver/Black Ghost Text - Slate (Path vented) 24-227 ICHIRO Away. Quantity 1000
    - Silver - Slate (Path vented) 24-181 ICHIRO Away. Quantity 1000
    - Polished White - Slate (Path vented) 24-182 ICHIRO Home. Quantity 2000
    - Blue/Black Ghost Text - Slate (Path vented) 24-292 ICHIRO with specific microbag
    - Blue Camo - Slate (Path vented) 24-332 ICHIRO with specific microbag
    - Polished Black - Slate (Path) 24-326J 2012 Holiday edition with Japan flag microbag
    SPLICE - Polished Black/Black - High Intensity Persimmon 12-627 MURASAKI SPORTS
    UNKNOWN - Rootbeer - Gold Clear 03-322
    - Jet Black - Ruby Clear 03-321

Last edited: 6/9/14
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. jonoyong

jonoyong Inside Outlaw. Staff Member Premium Member

dude i think there was the carbon/24k Japan exclusive Juliet as well? serial started with JC. SKU 12-628. =)

3. tmsnewberry

tmsnewberry Oakley Enthusiast

Yep I think that's about it lol

4. copilot

copilot Oakley Beginner

Radar
    RADAR PATH 24-326J Limited Edition Japan
    Jawbone
    Jawbone 04-219J JAPAN Holiday Edition?

I was also told by ATMOS when I purchased my glasses that there was 50 of each style for what its worth...

5. Romeo Van Frogskinstein

Many people have long believed that the Juliet - Carbon - 24K 12-628 was a Japan exclusive, and I knew clairvoyant style that it would be mentioned after I initiated this thread. The fact is that it was available in the UK from July 2003 to August 2004 with a retail price of £235, and I purchased my own pair from Legends in Sept 03. The information I received is that the glass was a UK exclusive, and I am convinced enough to consider it as such, but it is hard to prove it did not retail in another country.

6. TOWSNBN

TOWSNBN Oakley Beginner

the 12-628 juliet was a japan exclusive at one point. there is even a japanese oakley brochure that states that. as with many oakley exclusives it eventually became a wide release. for example the naomi south eventually landed in north America as well. iacon stores got some of the brown flores. jamaroqui thumps were in some o stores. a ichiro radar was available in vault stores. most sgh exclusives do get wider releases.

7. Romeo Van Frogskinstein

Jawbone - Polished Black - Black & Light Grey 04-219J is available outside Japan, for example on the Oakley USA site. The Radar - Polished Black - Slate 24-326J is a new 2012 Japan exclusive holiday piece, hence I have added that pair to the list.
    If you were told by Atmos that there were 50 pairs each produced of the Jawbone & Frogskin then I guess that is sufficient to amend the list, the information I had was 100 of each, but I cannot remember where the details came from, maybe the '100' total was for both.

8. copilot

copilot Oakley Beginner

These were also available at Vaults within the USA

- Silver/Black Ghost Text - Slate (Path vented) 24-227 ICHIRO Away. Quantity 1000

Hence the abundance of them on eBay for a while at a much reduced price.

9. Romeo Van Frogskinstein

Yes you do have a point here, I can think of several SGH 'exclusives' that after time became available elsewhere, so with those pairs they lost their exclusivity as far as I can see. Other SGH pieces remained exclusive until they were discontinued and these examples remain the genuine article. I was not aware that N/South was available in the USA, perhaps this means then it was not a Japan exclusive, but it does depend on what happened with it, if for instance a few pairs were sold in a Vault store this does not take away exclusivity, since it is the nature of business that discontinued product is sold via that type of outlet, however, full scale availability over a protracted period of time with many pairs in many stores would alter exclusivity. Ichiro Radars in Vault stores to me does not change Japan exclusive status since that is a discontinued product sold after the main life of the release. Flores 1 was a Tokyo O Store issue so I am surprised to learn that this was retailed in the US, but the question here is how many Flores were sold in the US? 5? 10? 15? If 'about' 100 were made I would bet the vast number of those were sold in Japan, so if a few pairs 'leaked' I think you could consider it still a Japan exclusive.

10. TOWSNBN

TOWSNBN Oakley Beginner

i bought my naomi souths from a stateside opd when they were first releases. for full price and that really hurt. i guess the brown flores would still be classified as a japan exclusive since the stateside stores got theirs as DE pieces rather than regular release pieces. they had the box and all content but they were classified as DE.