• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Part 8. Country Exclusives. UK.

Romeo Van Frogskinstein

I should Work at Oakley
England
The aim of this thread is to list all of the official eyewear releases for the UK, and to provide information about them. I have seen Dartboard 12-662 and New Zero 12-663 listed as UK exclusives, but I have evidence that these were also available in the U.S which comes from a copy of an 'Eyewear Retail Pro' list which states that these were OPD issues. There are some Square Wire 2.0 glasses which have been listed as UK only pairs but I have not seen anything to confirm this as fact.

BIG SQUARE WIRE - Pewter - Ice Polarized 12-658
BOTTLECAP - Dark Grey - Ice 12-698 Vision Express & later inherited Rubens Menswear exclusive.
CROSSHAIR - Berry - G30 Titanium 12-722
C WIRE - Silver - Ruby 12-605
FLAK JACKET XLJ - Matte White - +Red 24-030 Ian Poulter with Union Jack microbag & icons. Label states Polished White in error.
FUEL CELL - Polished White - +Red OO9096-60. Union Jack microbag & icons. Initially Vision Express exclusive.
HIJINX - Polished Black -Warm Grey 24-101 Who Is This Kid with insert and unique microbag. Quantity 300.
JAWBONE - Polished White - +Red 24-328. Union Jack microbag & icons. Initially Vision Express exclusive.
MINUTE - Gun Metal - Ice 12-618 Free Spirit exclusive.
SPLIT THUMP - Polished Black 1GB - Warm Grey 001-0027 Jamiroquai with unique microbag.
STRAIGHT JACKET - 5.56 - Ice 12-596 Free Spirit exclusive.
TWENTY - 5.56 - Persimmon 12-597 Free Spirit exclusive.
- Midnight - High Intensity Blue 12-598 Free Spirit exclusive.
- Gun Metal - Ice 12-618 Free Spirit exclusive
- FMJ+ - +Red 12-606
VALVE - Silver - Ice 12-642
WHISKER - Black Chrome - G30 12-710
WHY 3 - Titanium - Ruby Clear (lens 3) 05-858

I have quite a few UK Fuel cells in stock. And they really are ruby iridium...

+1. They have Ruby written on mine.

DSCF4724.jpg

By mistake I had originally entered the OO9096-60 Fuel Cell with Ruby lens which Oakleynerd correctly stated in his post was issued with +Red, and you can see I have amended the list as a result. There was another similar Fuel Cell, Polished White -Ruby OO9096-15 which was part of the football World Cup 2010 releases, and was not exclusive to the UK. This pair had the St George's Cross icon and was released in the brown square o box.

By mistake I had originally entered the OO9096-60 Fuel Cell with Ruby lens which Oakleynerd correctly stated in his post was issued with +Red, and you can see I have amended the list as a result. There was another similar Fuel Cell, Polished White -Ruby OO9096-15 which was part of the football World Cup 2010 releases, and was not exclusive to the UK. This pair had the St George's Cross icon and was released in the brown square o box.

On that note Romeo, I believe I should appologise for my error(sorry nerd)..I wrongly assumed the England Fc's were Country only.

Were the official Team GB 2012 Flak & Radar UK exclusives?

These along with the LOCOG Scalpel and Fuel Cell were listed as UK Exclusives on the UK Oakley site during the Olympics this year, however I question whether they remained exclusive to the UK whilst they were available, I do remember at least the LOCOG Scalpel being accessible via Oakley in Europe with a price tag in Euros which suggests the distribution had widened. I also question whether they were available in the USA anywhere. Does anyone know for sure if any of these four could be obtained outside the UK??

FLAK JACKET XLJ - Dark Blue - Grey P 24-321 Team GB
FUEL CELL - Polished Black - Black OO9096-59 LOCOG
RADAR - Dark Blue - +Red (Path) 24-322 Team GB
SCALPEL - Polished Black - Black OO9095-18 LOCOG

There was another similar Fuel Cell, Polished White -Ruby OO9096-15 which was part of the football World Cup 2010 releases, and was not exclusive to the UK. This pair had the St George's Cross icon and was released in the brown square o box.

That explains why there was an English version of the Fuel Cell and no Scottish ones :( Maybe if we ever get into a World Cup Oakley could make a special edition pair and throw a parade or something lol.