1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. X-Metal Beast

X-Metal Beast Oakley Expert Premium Member

If you want to be protected pay the 4%. Most people here appear to be trustworthy, and I'm sure most of us are, but I rather be safe than sorry. Most of my purchases are X-metals, and I rather pay $16 on a $400 purchase than suffer for a few days. Moreover, many sellers/traders here are outside of the USA, so if you make a purchase from someone in Europe, and you do F&F, Paypal will not charge them any fee, but they will charge the buyer almost the same amount that you would've paid without F&F adding 4%, with the difference that without F&F you would've been protected.

Honestly, I would rather pay the 4% and be safe. There are only 2 people in here with which I have become good friends and only with them I will do F&F. With all the others, as much as I sympathize with you, I'm paying 4%.

When you buy from me or from anyone I will encourage you to pay the 4%, if seller requires to do so. If he/she doesn't mention it, then pay the price agreed and let the seller eat the fee.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Wicked

Wicked Oakley Expert Premium Member

If I have not dealt with someone I pay the fee for piece of mind but there are several members here that I have trust in and will use F&F.

dragonvoi likes this.
  3. Frogskins

Frogskins Oakley Expert

F&F?

3 words ...

Just Say No

o_O

4. X-Metal Beast

I'm with you on that one, but if you do F&F with an overseas seller, you will be charged a fee which amounts to the same. I bought a pair a few weeks ago from someone in Europe, very trustworthy guy, so I did F&F. It was $360 purchase, I was charged by PP $13. Had I not used F&F I would have had to pay $14.40; with the difference that with F&F I'm not protected. So for $1.40, I rather not use F&F and have the piece of mind

5. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

Maybe people should list their stuff like, "price is $xxx G&S. If you pay me F&F then I will screw you over."

THAT will do the trick... ;)

6. It bothers me quite a bit that people ask the buyer to pay the 4%. Just ask for whatever the hell you want and add in a few bucks for the fees. I've passed on several deals because the 4% isn't accurate and it pisses me off. I'm sure a lot of you have noticed that paying someone $416 for a $400 item doesn't actually get them $400, its still slightly less. I feel like I've shorted someone if I do that and I hate messing with the payment amount until it adds up to an even $400, or just a hair over. If you want $400, ask for $420 or something so you get your money even after the fees.

If I went to the store to buy Oakleys and they told me I had to manually add in the tax or something I'd punch them in the face. Asking someone to cover the fees deserves a punch in the face as well.

7. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

They may calculate the tax for you, but they (usually) don't list the price with tax included... a product seems like a better value when you can list a lower price, hiding those add-on costs...

But otherwise I agree; just list it for a G&S price that factors in the fees...

8. I don't take issue with the tax being added in because I don't have to do it myself and hope I find the magical % that gets the exact amount they want. Also its the government so they're gonna take what they're gonna take. Paypal is different. If I tell you I'm going to wire you $100, I do it and pay the fee. I don't say "hey send me $10 so I can send you this $100."

9. X-Metal Beast

Well, as much as I agree with you, it's up to the buyer to buy o not. You are being told up front. With a first time seller 2 weeks ago, I negotiated the fee and he agreed. It's not like anyone is twisting your arm and forcing you to buy something when you don't agree with the terms of the sale. Don't like it don't buy it. As far as my sales in here I will just ask for a certain price that includes the fees.

But it's crazy to buy something for $400 and not want to have the piece of mind. Just do regular PP, not F&F

10. And that's why my purchases here are few and far between. It either has to be something I really want or a deal that negates my annoyance over the fees not being included in the price. Doesn't happen often. If it did I'd probably have 10+ Juliets by now.