• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Paypal Is Soooooo Shady! Post Your Complaint

alcapon1

I should Work at Oakley
West Side
Paypal is soooooo shady! post your complaint.

Paypal has been doing somethings lately that are bull and I thought others might be pissed as me. If so, post about it.

What did they do? You must have a reason to start the thread.

I had their credit card once... I prematurely cashed in my points to get a $100 Paypal gift card. Sons of bitches had a seven month limit on it so I lost it and they would not reinstate. I never used the card again.

Sold an item on there and they kept my money for almost 3 weeks because i dont sell stuff all the time. Really pissed me off.

I refunded money twice in one month to buyers....One time was to a local guy who bought a Blackhawks jersey that was mis-labeled and didn't fit....the other was to an Irish jag that refused to pay an actual shipping quote....so to avoid negative feedback I refunded his money....that raised flags with PayPal....they put a 3 month hold on my funds....I had to ship before payment cleared and funds were only released AFTER buyer left positive feedback. My account was reviewed months later and because of 100% positive feedback the hold was lifted. Upsetting but really the easiet, most convienent way to pay and be paid....someone needs to create a similar service w/o being total jagoffs and siding with the buyer all the time.

Totally agreed. There are quirks with both Ebay and Paypal. I would be up for a discussion of an Oakley Exchange site. Like Ebay but only Oakley products. Could be done fairly easily. Still use Paypal or Google but there are possible options. Just a thought, but the biggest issue with Papal is the GIFT system. Be careful, when you go to gift something double check where the money is being pulled from. From all that I can tell it is set up to take the money from a Credit card and not your paypal balance. This will charge you fees if you dont change it before sending. Just a precaution. Otherwise with honest people the Gifting is pretty great.

lol, yep... I knew this would get some great comments.

Me: They are taking money from my checking account even though I am clearly asking it to be taken from my available funds on the Paypal account. I caught them 3 times in one week and I have proof that they are doing this without my consent. I have also noticed that they are "billing me after delivery' when I clearly try to take money directly from my account to pay for items right away.

Something needs to be done, this has got to be illegal.

I haven't had any of the above. I do hate how they use their own, more expensive, exchange rate though (e.g. something is marked on eBay at $200 which would be £150 but when you go to pay via PayPal they are charging you £160 instead because they are not using the international standard exchange rate).

I also have still not heard an official explanation as to why they charge a flat 4% fee no matter what the amount, when the work process they go through is exactly the same whether it's £20 or £200 (same as eBay will only charge 10p if you start an auction at £1, but £1.10 if you start it at £100 even though the pictures and listing are exactly the same).

Also, in the UK, PayPal were told by the Financial Services Authority that they could no longer hold withdrawal requests to PayPal users bank accounts for 3 working days and had to release the funds within 2 hours. To get around this, PayPal are now claiming they are doing random security checks on payments before releasing funds. So random that every single withdrawal request I've made in the past month gets the 'We are conducting a random security check on your request' message, so they can hold on to it for longer. I've been on PayPal for 10 years, using the same bank account and everything, so why the sudden 'security check' is a joke. I'm not the only one, their community message boards are filled with people complaining about why the 'random' security check aren't random at all and have PayPal replied to give a reason why? No, stone cold silence.

Back