• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Paypal requesting photo ID, bills, etc

I really dont know if US accounts have something different. I know 2 European guys who are OF members (from Germany and Uk) that faced the same thing.One of them just opened a new account since he did not wanted to share those infos

Ive had a paypal account since 2000 (or 1999) Ive bought and sold cars through paypal. Just sent $4500 eur through paypal 2 months ago, on a card I added just moments before. Paypal has never asked me for that info.

PayPal wouldn't let me withdraw my money. After I made an issue of it, I was allowed to withdraw. I sent the money to my bank account but it was then sent back to PayPal because somewhere at PP decided to overrule the previous decision. I wasn't advised about this through e-mail or any other way, I just happened to notice my balance was no longer $0. I called PP again to be able to withdraw funds and had to deal with a manager. Hopefully it goes through this time. I was not given a reason as to why my account was frozen and the manager said he is not given that information. PP wants all my personal information sent to them over the internet but cannot give me the information I request. I also cannot close my account. I have to send a written request to their legal department. I have never dealt with such a shady, unprofessional business in my life and will no longer trust them with my money. There is a good reason why there are sites called www.paypalsucks.com, www.screw-paypal.com, etc.

PayPal wouldn't let me withdraw my money. After I made an issue of it, I was allowed to withdraw. I sent the money to my bank account but it was then sent back to PayPal because somewhere at PP decided to overrule the previous decision. I wasn't advised about this through e-mail or any other way, I just happened to notice my balance was no longer $0. I called PP again to be able to withdraw funds and had to deal with a manager. Hopefully it goes through this time. I was not given a reason as to why my account was frozen and the manager said he is not given that information. PP wants all my personal information sent to them over the internet but cannot give me the information I request. I also cannot close my account. I have to send a written request to their legal department. I have never dealt with such a shady, unprofessional business in my life and will no longer trust them with my money. There is a good reason why there are sites called www.paypalsucks.com, www.screw-paypal.com, etc.
That is some very strange stuff going on there. VERY strange.

Especially that want all your stuff sent through email?

**** them....if they want information from you they have to tell you why.

Exactly. I am not e-mailing them my photo ID, bills, etc. They couldn't tell me who would see it, other then it is being requested by Wells Fargo.

Exactly. I am not e-mailing them my photo ID, bills, etc. They couldn't tell me who would see it, other then it is being requested by Wells Fargo.
Another strange thing.... if Wells Fargo wants your information then they can contact you directly so you can tell them to **** off. ;)

I remember a looooooong time ago I had to send a pic of my drivers licence. I can't remember why, but I did it for some verification or something. Never had a problem with PayPal, always been on time on everything and they never asked about anything else

Back