• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Paypal rule Screwed me

Jesus @OakleyFreak, let's just go beat his ass and be done with it. ;)

You be a man and make things right, and if it costs you a couple bucks welcome to life as an adult, sweetheart.

What a Pain in the a$$

This is what they sent me

As mentioned in a previous email, we received information from both parties and resolved the claim in the buyer's favor. You do have the right to appeal, but we can only review your appeal if it fits into one the following scenarios:

• You received the item back in a condition different from what the buyer stated in their initial claim (beyond normal wear from shipping)
• No item was returned (empty box)
• Not all items the buyer received were returned
• The buyer returned the wrong item to you

If any of the above scenarios apply to you, you can complete one of the two options listed here:

1. Contact your local police department and obtain a police/incident report that details how one of the above scenarios applies to you.
Or
2. Complete the attached affidavit and have it notarized.

You must fax or upload the police/incident report or affidavit to PayPal within 10 calendar days.

If the upload feature is available in your PayPal account, we encourage you to upload your documents, as it's usually the quickest way for us to receive and review your information.

Here's how to upload your information:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click "Resolution Center" near the bottom of the page.
3. Click "Resolve" under "Action" next to the item for which you need to provide documentation.
4. Follow the instructions to upload the files.
5. Click "Send Files to PayPal."

You can also fax the documents to (402) 537-5760 (please note this is a United States phone number; if you are faxing from outside the United States, you will probably need to dial 00 1 before the number). The fax needs to include your email address and PayPal Buyer Complaint Case number (PP-005-143-866-916).

If you're appealing for any other reason than those listed above, your appeal will be denied and we strongly suggest you work directly with your buyer to reach an amicable resolution.

You can find additional information and tips about buying and selling safely on our Business Resource Center at Home | PayPal Business Center .

Thanks again for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

Protection Services

I have had to have an affidavit filed out at the post office for PayPal. They will change their decision if they see only as partial return. I had someone ship me an empty box once for a return and went through the same issues. When the item goes through the USPS system, it will show a weight that is not consistent with the contents. That was how I finally won my case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had to have an affidavit filed out at the post office for PayPal. They will change their decision if they see only as partial return. I had someone ship me an empty box once for a return and went through the same issues. When the item goes through the USPS system, it will show a weight that is not consistent with the contents. That was how I finally won my case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm I will start putting the shipping weight down in my motes
Thanks

Oh right, i forgot about returns......sound like hell waiting to happen. can i say "no returns" for items sold here on the forum? or is that frowned upon?

Oh right, i forgot about returns......sound like hell waiting to happen. can i say "no returns" for items sold here on the forum? or is that frowned upon?
I've never seen anyone on the forum say no returns.

This isn't eBay anyway. We're supposed to be trusting of the people here. ;)

Also. People are buying stuff here that they want and shouldn't return anyway.

I've never seen anyone on the forum say no returns.

This isn't eBay anyway. We're supposed to be trusting of the people here. ;)

Also. People are buying stuff here that they want and shouldn't return anyway.
Right, but if something is returned to me from the US, the customs agents will think it's something i have purchased and put duty and tax on it, they will of course never believe what i say about it being a return item, that is an excuse they hear all the time when people buy stuff from non EU countries to avoid paying duty tax. Besides they are impossible to contact.
So i will have to say no returns, or maybe i won't bother at all with this.

Right, but if something is returned to me from the US, the customs agents will think it's something i have purchased and put duty and tax on it, they will of course never believe what i say about it being a return item, that is an excuse they hear all the time when people buy stuff from non EU countries to avoid paying duty tax. Besides they are impossible to contact.
So i will have to say no returns, or maybe i won't bother at all with this.
I think other people with more exchange experience here should chime in.

Or maybe create a poll thread asking how many people here have returned items they purchased here ?