• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Paypal rule Screwed me

I've had issues with PayPal in the past and wish there was another widely excepted payment method besides it and e-mail money transfer (no buyer protection). I have noticed a lot of young people I have been dealing with these days don't have PayPal accounts and only want cash or money transfer. Darn millennials:p

Right, but if something is returned to me from the US, the customs agents will think it's something i have purchased and put duty and tax on it, they will of course never believe what i say about it being a return item, that is an excuse they hear all the time when people buy stuff from non EU countries to avoid paying duty tax. Besides they are impossible to contact.
So i will have to say no returns, or maybe i won't bother at all with this.

Man, that sucks Tommy! You try to be honest and make things right for a buyer and your country smacks you for duty tax! Damn!

I've returned a forum purchase one time. I had asked about a specific aspect of the item and though he answered, he neglected to include an important detail that was a dealbreaker for me, I had to discover it when the item arrived. It went smoothly, though I lost the paypal fee from the payment and had to pay the return shipping.

But there were no predefined terms for the return. He could have told me to go **** myself and I'd have had to file a paypal claim and/or leave negative feedback.

PP is a bit of a gamble, and they cheat with hidden fees/currency rates. Always when possible I try to use bank transfer when I trust the seller enough, sadly it can be expensive when buying outside European union(I am in Finland)