• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

PB II and tinfoils.

Picked up a mint, twice worn PB II with VR28's a couple of weeks ago from a local Oakley dealer who had them private, but had them as shelf whore because he was afraid of dropping them. I don't keep whores, so I bought them to wear.
Paid a very nice price for them, complete with immaculate woodbox and everything that has to come with them including the original receipt. Wanted them for a long time and knew he had them, and when I was there to ask him about a project I wanted to start with the TInfoils below, the pair came up in the conversation and he mentioned wanting to sell, I asked him his price and in about 10 seconds they were mine :cool-20:

_20150726_135300_zpsbbm42d3j.jpg

After that I went on a hunt for 2 pairs of Tinfoils because I need prescription glasses and did not want a ten in a penny pair, so I decided to get me 2 pairs, so the lenses from pair one can be used later in pair number two, and I will be able to change frames if I want to.
Luckily I succeeded in buying two pairs from a very nice user on this forum, and after some customs hassle (they f#$%&d up one of the boxes to check inside) I'm the happy owner of these two pairs.

DSC_0230_zpsemnrgriz.jpg

The +red lenses swapped into the matt black frame to see how that looks, and I think it looks better then in the original frame, so they will stay in there, and the original frame with the blue stems will get the prescriptions in them. I am considering to get the prescriptions with a blue-ish teint to match the stems, but am not sure yet..

So far, happy 'starting' Oakley junkie here :)
If you don't mind my advice put the deep blue iridium polarized in the blue stemmed one if you like a grey base and extreme protection!!! Ice is a nice classic too, but I'm into new things!!!

Anybody mind telling me what people are paying for a Pit Boss II. I know the retail on a polarized VR28 black version retailed around $500-600. I've heard of people buying new ones in the $230-250 range. If anyone has a brand new one they'd like to sell let me know! I'm active on ebay

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't mind my advice put the deep blue iridium polarized in the blue stemmed one if you like a grey base and extreme protection!!! Ice is a nice classic too, but I'm into new things!!!

Good advice is always welcome, but the blue stemmed pair is laying @ the optician as we speak, and I like the +red lenses for my work, as I am sitting in a crane cab looking down, so the contrast helps me, they are not too dark, and this is now one of my pairs without polarized glasses, which makes it a hell of lot better to work with the displays in my cab. Polarized lenses tend to blacken up display's, and the +reds don't ;)

Very true sounddragon! It's good to have tried enough different lenses to know which works best for what. I really need to get myself another pair. I always wear polarized since I'm not a pilot, or crane operator. But, a non polarized version would be smart as a backup just in case I upgrade my car ;)