1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. will brown

will brown Oakley Beginner

Hey all,
    quick question for the forum... happened upon a craigslist find today in my town.
    a pair of Polished Black/Black iridium PB2 with boxes and papers, still has sticker on the lenses. Owner purchased for husband and they don't find , the shop in our town has a no return policy and here we are.... She is asking 200.00 for them. I am meeting this afternoon with her, anything specific I should look out for?
    She also has receipt of purchase as well........

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. the_owl

the_owl Oakley Expert

theres a few fake Pit boss threads with clear tell tale signs of fakes.

3. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

Be wary, PB2 is easily faked, and doesnt have the telltale signs of a fake PB1. And definitely try paying less than $200

4. will brown

thanks Guru,
    I guess my newness had me confused with the PB1. I figured it was to good to be true.

5. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

You should look out for STDs when you are with her. :p

Honestly at that price I'm not getting a warm and fuzzy feeling with those being real. Good luck.

6. mjt42

mjt42 Oakley Expert Premium Member

this is the most recent thread regarding fake pb2's. Thinking I just got some fake PB2's

some members have pointed out fakes not having metallic icons - here are mine holding a weak magnet easily.
    PB2 VR28 questions for more experienced collectors - 86e1eb777dc72c9549d894514cdbd9d6.jpg

also, about the 'polarized' etching being to central to the bottom of the lens but this looks normal to me.

PB2 VR28 questions for more experienced collectors - f95bbee40522e415757603e5076ab134.jpg

one last thing; i dont think $200 is too bad a deal - there were a lot of cheap ones recently (chilli_rambo to name one of a few sellers) but these are now gone and prices are back up a bit....

maybe try to get the price down still - good luck!!

Sent from my Nokia 5210 using TapaTalk

7. Ventruck

Ventruck Oakley Expert

Very possible it could've been real, but this thread was made a little too last second, unfortunately.

8. will brown

i actually pushed the meeting back for a day. thank you for all the info. Im gonna try and get them for 150 and that would be in the range i feel good about.

mjt42 likes this.