• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pearl/Fire Mag Switch

CarGuy

Finally got rid of the default title...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
I picked up a Pearl/Fire Switch on the Bay last week.
It probably won't show very well but I was very surprised at the amount of Ruby in them.
We're all used to Fire having invaded Ruby over the years, I was surprised to see so much Ruby in these:
20141006_155525.jpg

An early pair I assume since the lenses are etched "Magnesium". Actually if they did not say that I would have guessed that they were aftermarket or chops because they are so much more Ruby than Fire in person. Can anybody elaborate on when the etching disappeared from these? I've seen plenty of Switches with and plenty without etching over the years.

edit:
For comparative purposes the top 2 are etched and are deeper than the non:
DSC_0264.JPG

Last edited:
My pearl has the etching as well. No box for mine and no telling how old it is. I sold a pearl a few months back that didn't have the etching, though. Nice pair.

It's not something with a SKU. It's one of the million factory customs made that eventually found its way into collector hands. There were some Switches made with Ruby Clear and various other lenses as well.

Back